The No. 11 Florida State Seminoles (14-4) are heavy favorites (-18.5) as they try to build on a seven-game home win streak when they host the Boston College Eagles (4-13) on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at Donald L. Tucker Center. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on ACCN. The point total in the matchup is set at 155.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Boston College (+18.5)||Under (155.5)||Florida State 83 Boston College 67|
- In five of 18 games (27.8%) this season, the Seminoles and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s point total of 155.5 points.
- In six of 17 opportunities (35.3%) this season, Boston College and its opponents have combined to score at least 155.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 3.6 fewer points per game (151.9) than this game’s total of 155.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 148 points per game, 7.5 fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Seminoles average point total in matchups this year is 148.9, 6.6 points below the total in this game.
- Eagles games this season have averaged a total of 151 points, 4.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Seminoles put up just 0.9 more points per game (79.2) than the Eagles allow (78.3).
- Florida State is 8-0 against the spread and 10-0 overall when scoring more than 78.3 points.
- Boston College is 1-7 overall and 3-4 against the spread in games when it allows more than 79.2 points.
- The Eagles score an average of 72.7 points per game, just three more points than the 69.7 the Seminoles allow to opponents.
- Boston College is 5-0 against the spread and 3-6 overall when it scores more than 69.7 points.
- Florida State is 2-5 against the spread and 3-4 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 72.7 points.
- The Seminoles have out-scored their opponents by a total of 172 points this season (9.5 points per game on average), and opponents of the Eagles have out-scored them by 95 more points on the year (5.6 per game).
Florida State Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Seminoles have covered 10 times in 17 contests.
- The Seminoles have posted a losing record of 0-1 against the spread when the spread is -18.5 or bigger.
- More often than not, Florida State and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 11 of 17 chances this season.
Boston College Betting Information
- The Eagles have an even record against the spread, going 8-8 ATS.
- The Eagles have not fared well as an 18.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 18.5-point underdogs.
- The Eagles and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 10 of 16 (62.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Florida State||-16.5||141.5||-2513||+1007||Regular Season||80-62 FSU|
|1/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-82 BC|
Florida State Leaders
- M.J. Walker leads the Seminoles in scoring, tallying 12.8 points per game to go with 2.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
- Raiquan Gray is the Seminoles leading rebounder, grabbing 6.9 per game, while Scottie Barnes is their best passer, averaging 4.2 assists in each contest.
- Walker contributes the bulk of the Seminoles’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 1.9 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Barnes is the Seminoles leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Balsa Koprivica leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
Boston College Leaders
- Jay Heath averages 14.6 points per game and is the top scorer for the Eagles.
- The Boston College leaders in rebounding and assists are Steffon Mitchell with 7.2 rebounds per game (he also adds 9.1 points and 1.4 assists per game) and Makai Ashton-Langford with 2.9 assists per game (he also tacks on 9.1 points and 3.3 rebounds per game).
- Wynston Tabbs is the most prolific from deep for the Eagles, hitting 2.3 threes per game.
- Boston College’s leader in steals is Ashton-Langford (1.8 per game), and its leader in blocks is CJ Felder (2.1 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds