The Furman Paladins (9-4) visit the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (4-5) in a matchup of SoCon teams at Freedom Hall Civic Center, beginning at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The Paladins are 4-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has a point total of 141.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|East Tennessee State (+4)||Over (141.5)||Furman 74 East Tennessee State 71|
- The Paladins and their opponents have combined for 141.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 11 of 13 opportunities (84.6%) this year.
- East Tennessee State has played in three games this year (out of nine total matchups — 33.3% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 141.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 150.2 points per game, 8.7 more points than the over/under of 141.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.0 fewer points per game (135.5) than this game’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- The average over/under the Paladins have had set in matchups this year is 13.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Buccaneers games this season is 10.5 fewer points than the point total of 141.5 in this outing.
Furman Betting Information
- The Paladins have gone 5-5 against the spread this season.
- The Paladins have posted a winning record of 4-3 against the spread when the spread is -4 or higher.
- The Paladins have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 3 times in 10 games this season.
East Tennessee State Betting Information
- East Tennessee State has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 5-4 ATS.
- When they are at least 4-point underdogs, the Buccaneers have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- East Tennessee State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 3 of 9 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Furman||-10.5||141||-670||+460||Regular Season||78-66 FURMAN|
|2/19/2020||East Tennessee State||-5||139||-224||+178||Regular Season||75-66 ETNST|
|1/4/2020||Furman||-1.5||140||-125||+102||Regular Season||65-56 FURMAN|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-61 FURMAN|
|12/29/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-56 ETNST|
- The Paladins scoring leader is Mike Bothwell, who averages 18.4 per contest to go with 5.4 rebounds and 3.6 assists.
- Furman’s leading rebounder is Clay Mounce averaging 5.6 boards per game and its best passer is Alex Hunter and his 3.6 assists per game.
- Hunter contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Paladins. He makes 2.3 threes per game.
- Bothwell and Jalen Slawson lead Furman on the defensive end, with Bothwell leading the team in steals averaging 2.1 per game and Slawson in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
East Tennessee State Leaders
- Ledarrius Brewer scores 17.4 points per game to be the top scorer for the Buccaneers.
- Damari Monsanto has a stat line of 7.0 rebounds, 10.4 points and 1.0 assist per game for East Tennessee State to take the top rebound spot on the team. David Sloan holds the top spot for assists with 4.5 per game, adding 10.7 points and 1.8 rebounds per outing.
- Hunter paces his teammates on the Buccaneers with 2.5 made threes per contest.
- Brewer (1.9 steals per game) and Silas Adheke (0.8 blocks per game) pace the Buccaneers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends