The Western Carolina Catamounts (7-7) are 9-point underdogs as they look to turn around a five-game losing streak when they host the Furman Paladins (9-5) on Saturday, January 30, 2021 at Ramsey Center. The game airs at 1:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The over/under in the matchup is set at 153.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Western Carolina (+9)||Over (153.5)||Furman 81 Western Carolina 74|
- In seven of 14 opportunities (50%) this season, the Paladins and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s point total of 153.5 points.
- In nine of 14 outings (64.3%) this year, Western Carolina has combined with its opponents to score more than 153.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 8.8 more points per game (162.3) than this matchup’s total of 153.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 147.7 points per game, 5.8 less than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total in Paladins games this year is 0.4 fewer points than the over/under of 153.5 in this matchup.
- The average total for Catamounts games this year is 3.3 more points than the point total of 153.5 for this outing.
Furman Betting Information
- Furman has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 5-6 record.
- The Paladins have covered half the time, going 3-3 against the spread when favored by at least 9 points.
- In 7 of 11 (63.6%) contests this season, Furman and its opponents have hit the over.
Western Carolina Betting Information
- Western Carolina has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 3-9 ATS.
- When they are at least 9-point underdogs, the Catamounts have a record ATS of 0-1.
- Western Carolina has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 58.3% of matchups this year (7 out of 12 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||Furman||-3.5||151||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-73 FURMAN|
|1/15/2020||Furman||-11||151||-714||+479||Regular Season||83-79 FURMAN|
|2/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-45 FURMAN|
|12/1/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-88 FURMAN|
- Mike Bothwell leads the Paladins in scoring, tallying 18.3 points per game to go with 5.2 rebounds and 3.5 assists.
- Clay Mounce leads the Paladins in rebounding, averaging 6.0 per game, while Alex Hunter leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.6 in each contest.
- Hunter hits more threes per game than any other member of the Paladins, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.2 per outing.
- Bothwell and Jalen Slawson lead the Paladins on the defensive end, with Bothwell leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and Slawson in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
Western Carolina Leaders
- The Catamounts’ Mason Faulkner averages enough points (16.0 per game) and assists (4.4 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- The Catamounts’ top rebounder is Cory Hightower — he pulls down 6.4 per game while averaging 12.0 points per game.
- Matt Halvorsen is the top scorer from distance for the Catamounts, hitting 3.8 threes per game.
- Faulkner (1.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Western Carolina while Xavier Cork (1.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Hartford Hawks vs. UMass-Lowell River Hawks: 3/13/2021 America East Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends