Sun Belt opponents square off when the Georgia Southern Eagles (6-3) host the Troy Trojans (5-4) at W. S. Hanner Fieldhouse, starting at 6:00 PM ET on Friday, January 15, 2021. The Trojans are 5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is 131 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Troy (+5)||Over (131)||Georgia Southern 70 Troy 66|
- The Eagles and their opponents have totaled at least 131 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of nine games (77.8%) this season.
- In two of nine opportunities (22.2%) this year, Troy and its opponents have combined to score more than 131 points.
- The Eagles and the Trojans combine to average 14.7 more points per game than the total of 131 set for this game.
- The Eagles and the Trojans have seen their opponents average a combined 1.3 more points per game than the point total of 131 set for this outing.
- The Eagles average point total in matchups this year is 152.9, 21.9 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Trojans this season is 5.9 points less than this game’s over/under.
Georgia Southern Betting Information
- Georgia Southern has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 2-3 record.
- The Eagles have posted a losing record of 0-1 against the spread when the spread is -5 or bigger.
- The Eagles have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 2 times in 5 games this season.
Troy Betting Information
- The Trojans have an even record against the spread, going 3-3 ATS.
- Troy has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 16.7% of matchups this season (1 out of 6 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2020||Georgia Southern||-11||146||-727||+497||Regular Season||86-57 GAS|
|1/16/2020||Georgia Southern||-5||144.5||-230||+183||Regular Season||82-66 GAS|
|2/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-51 GAS|
|1/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-82 GAS|
Georgia Southern Leaders
- Zack Bryant leads the Eagles in scoring, tallying 14.4 points per game to go with 2.3 rebounds and 2.4 assists.
- Prince Toyambi leads the Eagles in rebounding, averaging 5.9 per game, while Eric Boone leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.1 in each contest.
- Boone’s 1.5 made threes per game lead the Eagles.
- The Georgia Southern steals leader is Boone, who averages 2.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Bryant, who compiles 1.0 block per contest.
- Zay Williams sits at the top of the Trojans scoring leaderboard with 11.0 points per game. He also collects 7.5 rebounds and dishes out 2.0 assists per game.
- Troy’s leader in rebounds is Nick Stampley with 7.5 per game, and its leader in assists is Duke Miles with 2.1 per game.
- Desmond Williams makes 1.0 three-pointer per game, the most on the Trojans.
- Stampley’s stat line of 1.1 steals and 1.0 block per game put him at the top of the team’s steals and blocks leaderboards.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found