Logan Johnson leads the Saint Mary’s Gaels (14-8) into a matchup with the No. 1 Gonzaga Bulldogs (24-0) after scoring 25 points in a 52-47 win over Loyola Marymount (CA). The Bulldogs are 18-point favorites in the game on Monday, March 8, 2021, which tips off at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s over/under is 142.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Saint Mary’s (CA) (+18)||Over (142)||Gonzaga 80 Saint Mary’s (CA) 64|
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to score more than 142 points in 91.7% of their outings this season (22 of 24 opportunities).
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has played in four games this season (out of 22 total matchups — 18.2% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 142 points.
- The two teams average a combined 15.4 more points per game (157.4) than this game’s total of 142 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 130.9 points per game, 11.1 fewer than the over/under in this game.
- The Bulldogs average point total in matchups this season is 162.2, 20.2 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Gaels games this season have averaged a total of 126.2 points, 15.8 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 92.9 points per game the Bulldogs record are 31.3 more points than the Gaels allow (61.6).
- Gonzaga is 24-0 overall and 11-0-2 against the spread when scoring more than 61.6 points.
- When Saint Mary’s (CA) gives up more than 92.9 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall.
- The Gaels put up only 4.8 fewer points than the Bulldogs allow their opponents to score (69.3).
- When it scores more than 69.3 points, Saint Mary’s (CA) is 3-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- Gonzaga’s record is 16-0 overall and 8-6-2 against the spread when it allows more than 64.5 points to its opponents.
- The Bulldogs have out-scored their opponents by a total of 565 points this season (23.6 points per game on average), and the Gaels have put up 64 more points than their opponents on the year (2.9 per game).
Gonzaga Betting Information
- The Bulldogs have been an even bet against the spread this season at 11-11-2.
- When favored by at least 18 points, the Bulldogs have struggled to a 6-9 record ATS this season.
- Gonzaga has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 13 of 24 games for a 54.2% rate.
Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Information
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has covered the spread in less than half of its games, going 10-11 ATS.
- When they play as at least 18-point underdogs, the Gaels have a record ATS of 1-0.
- The Gaels and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 7 of 21 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/18/2021||Gonzaga||-20||142.5||-4533||+1358||Regular Season||87-65 GNZG|
|1/16/2021||Gonzaga||-15.5||146.5||-1643||+921||Regular Season||73-59 GNZG|
|3/10/2020||Gonzaga||-9||143||-468||+345||Conference Tournament||84-66 GNZG|
|2/29/2020||Gonzaga||-13||147.5||-1142||+670||Regular Season||86-76 GNZG|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-60 GNZG|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-55 GNZG|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-46 GNZG|
- The scoring leader for the Bulldogs this season is Corey Kispert, who averages 19.5 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game.
- Drew Timme leads Gonzaga in rebounding, averaging 7.1 per game, while Jalen Suggs leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.5 in each contest.
- Kispert contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Bulldogs. He makes 2.8 threes per game.
- Suggs is Gonzaga’s leader in steals, averaging 2.0 steals per game, while Timme leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
Saint Mary’s (CA) Leaders
- Johnson sits at the top of the Gaels scoring leaderboard with 13.4 points per game. He also collects 3.6 rebounds and racks up 1.9 assists per game.
- Saint Mary’s (CA)’s leader in rebounds is Kyle Bowen with 5.9 per game, and its leader in assists is Tommy Kuhse with 4.9 per game.
- Alex Ducas leads his teammates on the Gaels with 1.3 made threes per contest.
- Saint Mary’s (CA)’s leader in steals is Kuhse with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Matthias Tass with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds