A pair of struggling teams meet when the Grambling Tigers (9-11) host the Alabama State Hornets (4-12) on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 8:30 PM ET. The Hornets are 8-point underdogs as they look to end a three-game losing streak against the Tigers, losers of three straight. The matchup’s over/under is set at 135.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Grambling (-8)||Under (135.5)||Grambling 72 Alabama State 62|
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to score more than 135.5 points in 50% of their games this season (10 of 20 opportunities).
- Alabama State has played in seven games this season (out of 16 total matchups — 43.8% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 135.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 130.2 points per game, 5.3 fewer points than the over/under of 135.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 138.3 points per game, 2.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The Tigers average point total in matchups this year is 133.9, 1.6 points less than the over/under in this game.
- Hornets games this year have averaged an over/under of 134.5 points, 1.0 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Tigers put up just 4.3 fewer points per game (65.6) than the Hornets allow (69.9).
- Grambling is 6-2 overall and 4-0 against the spread when scoring more than 69.9 points.
- Alabama State is 1-10 overall and 6-5 against the spread when allowing more than 65.6 points.
- The Hornets put up an average of 64.6 points per game, only 3.8 fewer points than the 68.4 the Tigers give up.
- When it scores more than 68.4 points, Alabama State is 4-0 against the spread and 2-3 overall.
- Grambling’s record is 4-9 against the spread and 5-8 overall when it gives up more than 64.6 points.
- The Tigers have been out-scored by 56 points this season (2.8 points per game on average), and opponents of the Hornets have out-scored them by 84 more points on the year (5.3 per game).
Grambling Betting Information
- Grambling has covered in just eight of 19 matchups this season.
- The Tigers have struggled to cover, going just 0-3 ATS when favored by at least 8 points.
- The Tigers and their opponents have gone over the total in 10 of 19 games (52.6%) this season.
Alabama State Betting Information
- Alabama State has a winning record against the spread, going 9-7 ATS (covering 56.2% of the time).
- The Hornets have gone 1-1 against the spread when they are at least an 8-point underdog.
- Alabama State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 6 of 16 (37.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||Grambling||-4.5||138||-206||+166||Regular Season||66-49 GRMBST|
|3/7/2020||Grambling||-1||131||-116||-107||Regular Season||70-58 GRMBST|
|1/6/2020||Grambling||-8.5||138||-435||+327||Regular Season||68-63 GRMBST|
|3/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-66 GRMBST|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-53 ALASU|
- The scoring leader for the Tigers this season is Cameron Christon, who averages 12.9 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 1.3 assists per game.
- Terreon Randolph is the Tigers leading rebounder, grabbing 5.5 per game, while Trevell Cunningham is their best passer, distributing 5.4 assists in each contest.
- Christon hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Tigers, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 1.6 per game.
- Randolph is a standout on the defensive end for the Tigers, leading the team in steals with 1.6 per game and blocks with 0.6 per contest.
Alabama State Leaders
- Brandon Battle is the top scorer for the Hornets with 11.5 points per game. He also adds 7.4 rebounds and 0.7 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Alabama State’s leader in rebounds is Kenny Strawbridge with 7.5 per game, and its leader in assists is DJ Heath with 2.6 per game.
- Kevion Stewart provides the bulk of the Hornets’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 1.6 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Hornets’ leader in steals is Heath with 1.3 per game, and Jordan O’Neal is their leader in blocks with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED