The Grand Canyon Antelopes (7-3) bring a three-game winning streak into a home matchup with the New Mexico State Aggies (3-0), winners of three straight as well. The Aggies are underdogs by just 2.5 points in the contest, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on Friday, January 29, 2021. The point total in the matchup is set at 131.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Grand Canyon (-2.5)||Over (131)||Grand Canyon 76 New Mexico State 57|
- In 80% of their opportunities this year (eight of 10 chances), the Antelopes and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under of 131 points.
- New Mexico State has played in two games this season (out of three total matchups — 66.7% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 131 points.
- These teams average a combined 161 points per game, 30 more points than the total of 131 set for this game.
- The Antelopes and the Aggies have seen their opponents average a combined 11.5 less points per game than the over/under of 131 set for this matchup.
- The average total the Antelopes have had set in matchups this year is 10.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Aggies this year is eight points higher than this game’s over/under.
Grand Canyon Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Antelopes have covered six times in eight contests.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Antelopes have fared well against the spread, compiling a 3-1 record.
- Grand Canyon and its opponents have converted the over just 2 times in 8 (25%) games this season.
New Mexico State Betting Information
- New Mexico State’s record against the spread is 0-0.
- The Aggies and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this year — 0 of 0.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2020||New Mexico State||-6||136||-268||+212||Regular Season||67-53 NMXST|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-52 NMXST|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-64 NMXST|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-75 NMXST|
Grand Canyon Leaders
- Asbjorn Midtgaard leads the Antelopes in scoring and rebounding, putting up 15.1 points and 9.5 boards per game.
- Grand Canyon’s best passer is Jovan Blacksher Jr., who averages 5.0 assists per game to go with his 11.8 PPG scoring average.
- Oscar Frayer contributes the bulk of the Antelopes’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 1.3 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Grand Canyon steals leader is Blacksher, who averages 1.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Midtgaard, who compiles 1.2 rejections per contest.
New Mexico State Leaders
- Clayton Henry is at the top of the Aggies scoring leaderboard with 15.5 points per game. He also grabs 6.0 rebounds and averages 1.0 assist per game.
- The New Mexico State leaders in rebounding and assists are Donnie Tillman with 9.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 14.0 points and 1.3 assists per game) and Evan Gilyard with 3.0 assists per game (he also tacks on 11.8 points and 2.3 rebounds per game).
- Johnny McCants is consistent from three-point range and leads the Aggies with 2.0 made threes per game.
- New Mexico State’s leader in steals is Gilyard with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is McCants with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED