The No. 6 seed UMass-Lowell River Hawks (11-11) are 2.5-point underdogs in the America East championship game, as sportsbooks think the No. 4 Hartford Hawks (14-8) will claim the automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket. The title game tips off Saturday at 11:00 AM ET, live on ESPN2.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 36.4% of their opportunities this year (eight of 22 chances), the Hawks and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 136 points.
- In 15 of 22 outings (68.2%) this season, UMass-Lowell has combined with its opponents to score at least 136 points.
- The Hawks and the River Hawks combine to average 0.7 fewer points per game than the total of 136 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 135.1 points per game, 0.9 less than the point total for this matchup.
- The Hawks average point total in matchups this season is 129.8, 6.2 points below the over/under in this game.
- River Hawks games this year have averaged an over/under of 140.5 points, 4.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 66 points per game the Hawks average are 5.2 fewer points than the River Hawks allow (71.2).
- Hartford has a 7-0 record overall and a 5-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 71.2 points.
- UMass-Lowell has a 7-9 record against the spread and a 6-10 record overall when allowing more than 66 points.
- The River Hawks put up an average of 69.3 points per game, 5.4 more points than the 63.9 the Hawks give up to opponents.
- UMass-Lowell has put together an 11-6 overall record and a 12-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 63.9 points.
- Hartford is 1-4 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it gives up more than 69.3 points.
- The Hawks have totaled 46 more points than their opponents this season (2.1 per game on average), while the River Hawks have been out-scored by 42 total points (1.9 per game average differential).
Hartford Betting Information
- The Hawks have been strong against the spread this season, earning an 11-8-1 record.
- The Hawks have posted a winning record of 4-3 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- Hartford and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 8 of 20 games this season (40%).
UMass-Lowell Betting Information
- UMass-Lowell has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 13-9 ATS.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the River Hawks have not fared well, going 2-3 against the spread.
- UMass-Lowell has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 36.4% of matchups this season (8 out of 22 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/10/2021||UMass-Lowell||-3||137.5||-158||+129||Regular Season||75-58 HARTFD|
|1/9/2021||UMass-Lowell||-2||136.5||-135||+112||Regular Season||71-62 MASLOW|
|3/7/2020||Hartford||-1.5||144||-125||+105||Conference Tournament||89-75 HARTFD|
|2/15/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-67 MASLOW|
|1/8/2020||UMass-Lowell||-6||143||-265||+213||Regular Season||80-68 HARTFD|
- The Hawks leader in points and rebounds is Austin Williams, who scores 13.6 points and grabs 6.1 boards per game.
- Hartford’s best passer is Traci Carter, who averages 3.5 assists per game to go with his 11.4 PPG scoring average.
- DJ Mitchell leads the Hawks in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The Hartford steals leader is Carter, who averages 2.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Hunter Marks, who compiles 0.6 rejections per contest.
- Obadiah Noel is at the top of the River Hawks scoring leaderboard with 20.6 points per game. He also grabs 4.3 rebounds and averages 3.2 assists per game.
- The UMass-Lowell leaders in rebounding and assists are Connor Withers with 5.9 rebounds per game (he also adds 11.5 points and 1.7 assists per game) and Bryce Daley with 3.7 assists per game (he also tacks on 7.0 points and 3.6 rebounds per game).
- Withers is the most prolific from distance for the River Hawks, hitting 1.6 threes per game.
- UMass-Lowell’s leader in steals is Noel with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Withers with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED