The Hofstra Pride (5-6) host the Towson Tigers (2-5) in a matchup of CAA teams at Mack Sports Complex, tipping off at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The Tigers are 6.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total is set at 140 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Towson (+6.5)||Over (140)||Hofstra 74 Towson 70|
- The Pride and their opponents have combined for 140 points — this matchup’s over/under — in four of 11 opportunities (36.4%) this season.
- Towson has combined with its opponents to score at least 140 points in five of seven outings (71.4%) this year.
- The Pride and the Tigers combine to average 3.3 fewer points per game than the total of 140 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 8.1 more points per game (148.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 140 points.
- The average point total in Pride games this season is 0.5 more points than the over/under of 140 in this matchup.
- Tigers games this year have averaged an over/under of 144.3 points, 4.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Hofstra Betting Information
- Hofstra has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 4-7 record.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Pride have struggled to a 1-3 record ATS this season.
- The Pride have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 4 of 11 games (36.4%).
Towson Betting Information
- Towson has a losing record against the spread, going 2-5 ATS (covering only 28.6% of the time).
- The Tigers have not fared well as a 6.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Towson and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 4 of 7 (57.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2020||Hofstra||-7||142||-320||+251||Regular Season||76-65 TOWS|
|12/30/2019||Hofstra||-1||141.5||-117||-105||Regular Season||75-67 HOFST|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-82 HOFST|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-61 HOFST|
- The scoring leader for the Pride this season is Jalen Ray, who averages 18.3 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game.
- Isaac Kante is Hofstra’s leading rebounder, grabbing 10.6 per game, while Caleb Burgess is its best passer, distributing 4.8 assists in each contest.
- Tareq Coburn leads the Pride in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.4 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Ray and Kvonn Cramer lead Hofstra on the defensive end, with Ray leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and Cramer in blocks averaging 0.7 per contest.
- The Tigers’ Zane Martin averages enough points (16.6 per game) and assists (3.3 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Towson’s Solomon Uyaelunmo stats (6.1 rebounds per game, 6.6 points per game, 0.8 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Nicolas Timberlake is consistent from deep and leads the Tigers with 1.6 made threes per game.
- Charles Thompson (0.9 steals per game) and Victor Uyaelunmo (0.9 blocks per game) pace the Tigers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends