The No. 10 seed Tulane Green Wave (10-12) are 17.5-point underdogs in their AAC Tournament quarterfinals matchup against the No. 2 seed Houston Cougars (21-3) on Friday at Dickies Arena, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Cougars and their opponents have scored more than 132 points in 58.3% of their outings this season (14 of 24 opportunities).
- Tulane and its opponents have combined to score more than 132 points in 45.5% of their matchups this year (10 of 22 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 9.7 more points per game (141.7) than this game’s total of 132 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 8.4 less points per game (123.6) than this matchup’s over/under of 132 points.
- The Cougars average point total in matchups this season is 134.8, 2.8 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average total in Green Wave games this year is 1.5 less points than the point total of 132 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars average 11.2 more points per game (77.2) than the Green Wave allow (66).
- Houston is 14-0 against the spread and 19-1 overall when scoring more than 66 points.
- Tulane has a 1-4 record against the spread and a 0-5 record overall when allowing more than 77.2 points.
- The Green Wave put up an average of 64.5 points per game, 6.9 more points than the 57.6 the Cougars give up to opponents.
- Tulane is 10-8 overall and 11-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 57.6 points.
- Houston is 2-3 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it gives up more than 64.5 points.
- The Cougars have totaled 470 more points than their opponents this season (19.6 per game on average), while the Green Wave have been out-scored by 34 total points (1.5 per game average differential).
Houston Betting Information
- Against the spread, Houston has been strong this season, posting a 16-7 record.
- When favored by at least 17.5 points, the Cougars have fared well against the spread, compiling a 2-1 record.
- Houston and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 11 of 23 games this season (47.8%).
Tulane Betting Information
- The Green Wave have a 12-10 record against the spread, covering in 54.5% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 17.5-point underdogs, the Green Wave have a record ATS of 0-1.
- In the majority of Green Wave games this season, the teams have not hit the over (9 out of 22 games, 40.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/28/2021||Houston||-15.5||126.5||-2500||+1025||Regular Season||83-60 UH|
|1/9/2021||Houston||-17||128.5||-3355||+1225||Regular Season||71-50 UH|
|2/6/2020||Houston||-16.5||136.5||-2579||+1072||Regular Season||75-62 UH|
|2/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-50 UH|
- Quentin Grimes leads the Cougars in scoring, tallying 17.9 points per game to go with 6.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists.
- Houston’s leading rebounder is Justin Gorham averaging 9.4 boards per game and its best passer is DeJon Jarreau and his 4.1 assists per game.
- The Cougars get the most three-point shooting production out of Grimes, who knocks down 3.1 threes per game.
- The Houston steals leader is Jarreau, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Brison Gresham, who compiles 1.6 rejections per contest.
- The Green Wave’s leader in scoring and rebounding is Jaylen Forbes with 16.8 points and 5.3 rebounds per game.
- Jordan Walker dishes out 4.4 assists per game, the most assists on the Green Wave.
- Forbes provides the bulk of the Green Wave’s three-point shooting production. He hits 2.5 threes per game to lead the team.
- The Green Wave’s leader in steals is Walker with 1.7 per game, and Kevin Cross is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED