The No. 11 Houston Cougars (9-1) are heavily favored (by 19 points) to extend a six-game home winning streak when they host the Tulane Green Wave (6-2) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 4:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 128.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Tulane (+19)||Over (128.5)||Houston 72 Tulane 56|
- The Cougars and their opponents have put up at least 128.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in six of 10 opportunities (60%) this season.
- Tulane has combined with its opponents to score more than 128.5 points in three of eight games (37.5%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 10.8 more points per game (139.3) than this game’s over/under of 128.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 117.8 points per game, 10.7 less than the over/under in this game.
- The average total the Cougars have had set in matchups this year is 1.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Green Wave games this year have averaged a total of 126.8 points, 1.7 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cougars average 73.3 points per game, 12.5 more points than the 60.8 the Green Wave give up.
- When Houston puts up more than 60.8 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- Tulane is 1-0 against the spread and 0-1 overall when giving up more than 73.3 points.
- The Green Wave put up an average of 66 points per game, nine more points than the 57 the Cougars give up.
- When it scores more than 57 points, Tulane is 5-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Houston has an ATS record of 1-0 and a 1-0 record overall when its opponents score more than 66 points.
- The Cougars have totaled 163 more points than their opponents this season (16.3 per game on average), and the Green Wave have scored 42 more points than their opponents (5.2 per game).
Houston Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Cougars have covered six times in 10 contests.
- The Cougars have posted an even record of 1-1 against the spread when the spread is -19 or higher.
- Houston and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 3 of 10 games this season (30%).
Tulane Betting Information
- Tulane has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 5-3 ATS.
- Tulane and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 2 of 8 (25%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2020||Houston||-16.5||136.5||-2579||+1072||Regular Season||75-62 UH|
|2/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-50 UH|
- The Cougars scoring leader is Quentin Grimes, who averages 18.1 per contest to go with 7.2 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Justin Gorham leads Houston in rebounding, averaging 8.9 per game, while DeJon Jarreau leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.6 in each contest.
- The Cougars get the most three-point shooting production out of Marcus Sasser, who knocks down 2.9 threes per game.
- Sasser and Brison Gresham lead Houston on the defensive end, with Sasser leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Gresham in blocks averaging 1.5 per contest.
- The Green Wave’s leader in scoring and rebounding is Jaylen Forbes with 15.9 points and 4.9 rebounds per game.
- The Green Wave’s top assist machine is Jordan Walker with a stat line of 4.0 assists, 12.4 points, and 2.3 rebounds per game.
- Forbes hits 2.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Green Wave.
- Tulane’s leader in steals is Walker with 1.8 per game, and its leader in blocks is Kevin Cross with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found