A game after he scored 27 points in a 78-71 win over Indiana, Aaron Henry leads the Michigan State Spartans (11-9) at home against the No. 5 Illinois Fighting Illini (16-5) as 6-point underdogs. The matchup, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, airs on FS1. The over/under in the matchup is 144.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Illinois (-6)||Over (144)||Illinois 77 Michigan State 69|
- The Fighting Illini and their opponents have scored more than 144 points in 66.7% of their outings this year (14 of 21 opportunities).
- Michigan State has combined with its opponents to score more than 144 points in 11 of 20 opportunities (55%) this season.
- The Fighting Illini and the Spartans combine to average 8.6 more points per game than the over/under of 144 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.7 fewer points per game (140.3) than this matchup’s over/under of 144 points.
- The average over/under the Fighting Illini have had set in matchups this season is 6.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Spartans games this season is 1.5 fewer points than the point total of 144 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Fighting Illini record 10.1 more points per game (81.8) than the Spartans give up (71.7).
- When Illinois totals more than 71.7 points, it is 11-0 against the spread and 14-3 overall.
- Michigan State has a 1-3 record against the spread and a 1-3 record overall when giving up more than 81.8 points.
- The Spartans score only 2.2 more points per game (70.8) than the Fighting Illini give up (68.6).
- Michigan State has gone 8-2 overall and 4-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 68.6 points.
- Illinois has an ATS record of 3-6 and a 5-4 record overall when its opponents score more than 70.8 points.
- The Fighting Illini have totaled 277 more points than their opponents this season (13.2 per game on average), while the Spartans have been out-scored by 18 total points (0.9 per game average differential).
Illinois Betting Information
- Illinois has been good against the spread this season, posting a 12-8-1 record.
- The Fighting Illini have posted a winning record of 6-5-1 against the spread when the spread is -6 or bigger.
- Illinois has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 12 of 21 games for a 57.1% rate.
Michigan State Betting Information
- The Spartans have a losing record against the spread, going 5-15 ATS (covering only 25% of the time).
- The Spartans have not fared well as a 6-point underdog, going 1-8 against the spread when they are at least 6-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Michigan State’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (9 out of 20 games, 45%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/11/2020||Michigan State||-2.5||141||-145||+120||Regular Season||70-69 MSU|
|1/2/2020||Michigan State||-10||145||-591||+415||Regular Season||76-56 MSU|
|2/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-74 ILL|
- The Fighting Illini leader in points and assists is Ayo Dosunmu, who puts up 21.2 points per game to go with 5.3 assists.
- Kofi Cockburn is the Fighting Illini best rebounder, pulling down an average of 10.3 boards in each contest while scoring 17.6 points per game.
- Trent Frazier contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Fighting Illini. He makes 2.0 threes per game.
- The Illinois steals leader is Frazier, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Cockburn, who compiles 1.5 rejections per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- Henry collects 15.0 points and tacks on 3.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Spartans’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Joey Hauser is at the top of the Michigan State rebounding leaderboard with 6.4 rebounds per game. He also scores 10.2 points and adds 1.6 assists per game.
- Gabe Brown is reliable from distance and leads the Spartans with 1.6 made threes per game.
- Henry (1.3 steals per game) and Marcus Bingham Jr. (1.3 blocks per game) lead the Spartans in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- College Basketball 2021-22 National Championship Betting Odds Update
- Men’s College Basketball Week 10 Parlay Betting Picks: Conference Co-Leaders Battle Each Other
- Top Men’s College Basketball Matches to Bet On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Men’s College Basketball Week 9 Parlay Betting Picks
- Men’s College Basketball Matches to Bet On: Baylor Looking to Keep Winning Streak