A game after he put up 41 points in an 86-83 loss to Penn State, Teddy Allen leads the Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-17) on the road against the No. 5 Illinois Fighting Illini (16-6) as 15.5-point underdogs. The matchup, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 25, 2021, airs on BTN. The matchup has a point total of 145.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Illinois (-15.5)||Over (145)||Illinois 82 Nebraska 64|
- The Fighting Illini and their opponents have scored at least 145 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 14 of 22 games (63.6%) this season.
- Nebraska has played in 10 games this year (out of 21 total matchups — 47.6% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 145 points.
- These two teams average a combined 150.8 points per game, 5.8 more points than the over/under of 145 set for this game.
- The Fighting Illini and the Cornhuskers have seen their opponents average a combined 2.6 less points per game than the point total of 145 set in this game.
- The average point total for Fighting Illini games this season is 5.5 more points than the total of 145 in this matchup.
- Cornhuskers games this year have averaged a total of 142.8 points, 2.2 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Fighting Illini average eight more points per game (81.3) than the Cornhuskers allow (73.3).
- Illinois is 13-3 overall and 11-0 against the spread when scoring more than 73.3 points.
- When Nebraska allows more than 81.3 points, it is 2-3 against the spread and 0-5 overall.
- The Cornhuskers score an average of 69.5 points per game, only 0.4 more points than the 69.1 the Fighting Illini give up to opponents.
- When it puts up more than 69.1 points, Nebraska is 6-0 against the spread and 4-6 overall.
- Illinois is 3-7 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it gives up more than 69.5 points.
- The Fighting Illini have out-scored their opponents by a total of 268 points this season (12.2 points per game on average), and opponents of the Cornhuskers have out-scored them by 81 more points on the year (3.8 per game).
Illinois Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Fighting Illini have covered 12 times in 22 contests.
- The Fighting Illini have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -15.5 or bigger.
- The Fighting Illini have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 9 times in 22 games this season.
Nebraska Betting Information
- Nebraska has covered the spread in fewer than half of its contests, going 9-11 ATS.
- Nebraska has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 35% of matchups this year (7 out of 20 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2021||Illinois||-14||148||-1269||+747||Regular Season||77-72 ILL|
|2/24/2020||Illinois||-14||146.5||-1463||+802||Regular Season||71-59 ILL|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-64 ILL|
|12/2/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-60 NEB|
- Ayo Dosunmu leads the Fighting Illini in points and assists per game, scoring 21.0 points and distributing 5.3 assists.
- Kofi Cockburn is the Fighting Illini best rebounder, hauling in an average of 10.1 boards in each contest while scoring 17.4 points per game.
- The Fighting Illini get the most three-point shooting production out of Trent Frazier, who knocks down 2.1 threes per game.
- Frazier is the Fighting Illini leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Cockburn leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
- Dalano Banton paces the Cornhuskers in both rebounds and assists with 6.2 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game.
- Allen counts for 17.8 points per game, making him the top scorer on Nebraska’s squad.
- Allen averages 2.2 three-pointers per game, the most on the Cornhuskers.
- Trey McGowens (1.4 steals per game) and Banton (1.0 block per game) lead the Cornhuskers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Hartford Hawks vs. UMass-Lowell River Hawks: 3/13/2021 America East Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends