The No. 2 seed Illinois Fighting Illini (20-6) are favored by 7.5 points in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals over the No. 7 seed Rutgers Scarlet Knights (15-10). The teams will hit the court Friday at 6:30 PM ET live on BTN, with the winner moving closer to a guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Fighting Illini and their opponents have combined for 136.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 20 of 26 games (76.9%) this season.
- In 14 of 25 games (56%) this season, Rutgers and its opponents have combined to score more than 136.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 150.7 points per game, 14.2 more points than the over/under of 136.5 set for this game.
- The Fighting Illini and the Scarlet Knights have seen their opponents average a combined 0.6 fewer points per game than the over/under of 136.5 set for this game.
- The average point total in Fighting Illini games this season is 12.7 more points than the over/under of 136.5 in this matchup.
- Scarlet Knights games this year have averaged a total of 137.4 points, 0.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Fighting Illini record 13.3 more points per game (80.7) than the Scarlet Knights give up (67.4).
- Illinois is 16-0 against the spread and 19-5 overall when scoring more than 67.4 points.
- Rutgers is 1-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall when giving up more than 80.7 points.
- The Scarlet Knights average only 1.5 more points per game (70) than the Fighting Illini allow their opponents to score (68.5).
- Rutgers has put together an 8-0 ATS record and an 11-1 overall record in games it scores more than 68.5 points.
- Illinois is 4-7 against the spread and 6-5 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 70 points.
- The Fighting Illini have put up a total of 317 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 12.2 per game), and the Scarlet Knights have out-scored opponents by 67 points on the season (2.6 more per game).
Illinois Betting Information
- The Fighting Illini have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 16-9-1 record.
- The Fighting Illini have posted an even record of 5-5-1 against the spread when the spread is -7.5 or bigger.
- More often than not, Illinois and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 15 of 26 chances this season.
Rutgers Betting Information
- Rutgers has a winning record against the spread, going 13-12 ATS (covering 52% of the time).
- When they play as at least 7.5-point underdogs, the Scarlet Knights have a record ATS of 1-4.
- Rutgers has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 44% of matchups this season (11 out of 25 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/20/2020||Illinois||-2||140.5||-132||+110||Regular Season||91-88 RUTGERS|
|2/15/2020||Rutgers||-4.5||129.5||-210||+170||Regular Season||72-57 RUTGERS|
|1/11/2020||Illinois||-5.5||133.5||-240||+195||Regular Season||54-51 ILL|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||99-94 ILL|
- The Fighting Illini leader in points and assists is Ayo Dosunmu, who scores 20.9 points per game along with 5.2 assists.
- Kofi Cockburn leads Illinois in rebounding, pulling down 9.6 boards per game while also scoring 17.3 points a contest.
- Trent Frazier leads the Fighting Illini in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Frazier and Cockburn lead the Fighting Illini on the defensive end, with Frazier leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Cockburn in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
- Ron Harper Jr. is at the top of the Scarlet Knights scoring leaderboard with 15.2 points per game. He also collects 6.1 rebounds and averages 1.6 assists per game.
- The Rutgers leaders in rebounding and assists are Myles Johnson with 8.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 8.4 points and 0.8 assists per game) and Jacob Young with 3.6 assists per game (he also tacks on 14.4 points and 2.0 rebounds per game).
- Harper hits 1.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Scarlet Knights.
- Rutgers’ leader in steals is Young (1.8 per game), and its leader in blocks is Johnson (2.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Men’s College Basketball Matches to Bet On: Baylor Looking to Keep Winning Streak
- Men’s College Basketball Week 8 Parlay Betting Picks
- NCAAB 2021 Week 8 Matches To Must Watch and Bet On the Week
- Men’s College Basketball Week 7 Parlay Betting Picks
- NCAAB 2021 Week 7 Matches To Must Watch and Bet On the Week