The Indiana Hoosiers (6-4) are at home in Big Ten play against the Maryland Terrapins (6-4) on Monday, January 4, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Hoosiers are 4.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 137.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Maryland (+4.5)||Over (137.5)||Indiana 71 Maryland 70|
- The Hoosiers and their opponents have combined for 137.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 14 of 10 opportunities (140%) this season.
- Maryland has played in six games this year (out of 10 total matchups — 60% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 137.5 points.
- The Hoosiers and the Terrapins combine to average 9.6 more points per game than the over/under of 137.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.0 fewer points per game (132.5) than this game’s total of 137.5 points.
- The average point total in Hoosiers games this season is 0.7 more points than the over/under of 137.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Terrapins this year is 3.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hoosiers score 72.7 points per game, 5.7 more points than the 67 the Terrapins give up.
- When Indiana scores more than 67 points, it is 6-2 overall and 5-0-1 against the spread.
- Maryland has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when giving up more than 72.7 points.
- The Terrapins score an average of 74.4 points per game, 8.9 more points than the 65.5 the Hoosiers give up to opponents.
- Maryland has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games it scores more than 65.5 points.
- Indiana’s record is 1-0 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it allows more than 74.4 points to its opponents.
- The Hoosiers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 72 points this season (7.2 points per game on average), and the Terrapins have put up 74 more points than their opponents on the year (7.4 per game).
Indiana Betting Information
- The Hoosiers have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 5-4-1 record.
- The Hoosiers have covered half the time, going 2-2-1 against the spread when favored by at least 4.5 points.
- Indiana has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 4 times in 10 contests (40%).
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have a losing record against the spread, going 4-5 ATS (covering just 44.4% of the time).
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Terrapins have gone 2-2 against the spread.
- In most of Terrapins games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (6 out of 9 games, 66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/26/2020||Indiana||-2.5||133||-148||119||Regular Season||77-76 MARY|
|1/4/2020||Maryland||-7||139||-315||253||Regular Season||75-59 MARY|
|1/11/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-75 MARY|
- The Hoosiers leader in points and rebounds is Trayce Jackson-Davis, who scores 20.1 points and grabs 8.3 rebounds per game.
- Al Durham leads Indiana in assists, averaging 3.2 per game while also scoring 9.8 points per contest.
- Armaan Franklin leads the Hoosiers in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Franklin is the Hoosiers leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Jackson-Davis leads them in blocks with 1.9 per contest.
- Eric Ayala sits at the top of the Terrapins scoring leaderboard with 14.8 points per game. He also grabs 3.1 rebounds and racks up 2.7 assists per game.
- The Terrapins’ leader in rebounds is Donta Scott with 6.8 per outing, and their leader in assists is Aaron Wiggins with 3.2 per game.
- Scott contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Terrapins. He knocks down 1.9 threes per game.
- Hakim Hart (1.1 steals per game) and Chol Marial (0.9 blocks per game) pace the Terrapins in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found