Randy Miller Jr. leads the Indiana State Sycamores (14-9) into a matchup against the Evansville Purple Aces (9-15) after scoring 20 points in a 70-58 loss to Valparaiso. The Sycamores are 5-point favorites in the matchup on Friday, March 5, 2021, which starts at 3:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total is 132 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Sycamores and their opponents have combined to put up more than 132 points in 65.2% of their outings this year (15 of 23 opportunities).
- Evansville and its opponents have combined to score more than 132 points in 13 of 24 games (54.2%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 133.5 points per game, 1.5 more points than the over/under of 132 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 137.1 points per game, 5.1 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Sycamores average point total in outings this season is 134.7, 2.7 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average over/under in Purple Aces games this year is four more points than the point total of 132 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 67.8 points per game the Sycamores average are just 2.5 fewer points than the Purple Aces allow (70.3).
- Indiana State is 8-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 70.3 points.
- When Evansville allows more than 67.8 points, it is 4-10 against the spread and 1-13 overall.
- The Purple Aces’ 65.7 points per game are only 1.1 fewer points than the 66.8 the Sycamores give up to opponents.
- In games when it puts up more than 66.8 points, Evansville is 5-0 against the spread and 5-6 overall.
- Indiana State is 6-7-1 against the spread and 7-8 overall when it allows more than 65.7 points.
- The Sycamores have out-scored their opponents by a total of 23 points this season (one point per game on average), and opponents of the Purple Aces have out-scored them by 111 more points on the year (4.6 per game).
Indiana State Betting Information
- The Sycamores have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 13-8-1 record.
- The Sycamores fare well when favored by at least 5 points, posting a 4-2 record against the spread.
- Indiana State and its opponents have converted the over just 6 times in 22 (27.3%) games this season.
Evansville Betting Information
- The Purple Aces record against the spread is 12-12.
- The Purple Aces have not fared well as a 5-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they are at least 5-point underdogs.
- Evansville has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 54.2% of matchups this season (13 out of 24 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/17/2021||Indiana State||-6||127.5||-276||+218||Regular Season||87-73 INDST|
|2/14/2021||Indiana State||-2.5||123.5||-149||+121||Regular Season||76-70 INDST|
|2/23/2020||Indiana State||-2||138||-135||+110||Regular Season||64-62 INDST|
|1/15/2020||Indiana State||-10.5||137.5||-673||+461||Regular Season||65-42 INDST|
|2/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-62 INDST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-66 INDST|
Indiana State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Sycamores this season is Tyreke Key, who averages 17.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game.
- Tre Williams is Indiana State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.1 per game, while Jake Laravia is its best passer, distributing 2.3 assists in each contest.
- Cooper Neese hits more threes per game than any other member of the Sycamores, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 1.8 per outing.
- Laravia is the Sycamores leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Williams leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
- Jawaun Newton is at the top of the Purple Aces scoring leaderboard with 13.9 points per game. He also collects 4.2 rebounds and dishes out 2.2 assists per game.
- The Purple Aces’ leader in rebounds is Jax Levitch with 5.0 per outing, and their leader in assists is Shamar Givance with 4.0 per game.
- Noah Frederking makes more threes per game than any other member of the Purple Aces, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.2 per contest.
- Givance (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Evansville while Evan Kuhlman (0.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds