The No. 9 seed Iona Gaels (10-5) are favored by 5.5 points in the MAAC Tournament semifinals when they meet the No. 5 seed Niagara Purple Eagles (9-10) Friday at Boardwalk Hall, tipping off at 6:00 PM ET on ESPW. The winner moves one game closer to claiming a guaranteed place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 66.7% of their games this year (10 of 15 chances), the Gaels and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 132.5 points.
- In eight of 19 opportunities (42.1%) this year, Niagara has combined with its opponents to score at least 132.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.4 more points per game (137.9) than this game’s total of 132.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 132 points per game, 0.5 fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Gaels average point total in outings this year is 140.3, 7.8 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Purple Eagles games this year have averaged a total of 129.6 points, 2.9 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.2 points per game the Gaels record are 8.3 more points than the Purple Eagles give up (64.9).
- When Iona puts up more than 64.9 points, it is 9-0 against the spread and 9-3 overall.
- Niagara has a 1-3 record against the spread and a 1-4 record overall when allowing more than 73.2 points.
- The Purple Eagles put up just 2.4 fewer points than the Gaels give up (67.1).
- Niagara has put together a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record in games it scores more than 67.1 points.
- Iona’s record is 5-5 overall and 5-5 against the spread when it allows more than 64.7 points to its opponents.
- The Gaels have totaled 92 more points than their opponents this season (6.1 per game on average), while the Purple Eagles have been out-scored by five total points (0.2 per game average differential).
Iona Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Gaels have covered 10 times in 15 contests.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Gaels have struggled to a 2-4 record ATS this season.
- Iona has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 8 of 15 games for a 53.3% rate.
Niagara Betting Information
- Niagara has a winning record against the spread, going 11-7 ATS (covering 61.1% of the time).
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Purple Eagles have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Niagara’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (8 out of 18 games, 44.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||Iona||-2.5||142.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||100-91 NIAGRA|
|1/12/2020||Iona||-8.5||145.5||-438||+325||Regular Season||70-69 NIAGRA|
|2/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-76 IONA|
|1/11/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||95-90 NIAGRA|
- The scoring leader for the Gaels this season is Isaiah Ross, who averages 19.7 points, 3.5 rebounds, and 1.5 assists per game.
- Nelly Junior Joseph is the Gaels leading rebounder, grabbing 7.3 per game, while Asante Gist is their best passer, distributing 3.8 assists in each contest.
- Ross makes more threes per game than any other member of the Gaels, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.8 per contest.
- Berrick JeanLouis and Joseph lead the Gaels on the defensive end, with JeanLouis leading the team in steals averaging 2.5 per game and Joseph in blocks averaging 1.5 per contest.
- Marcus Hammond puts up 5.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game, placing him atop the Purple Eagles’ rebound and assists leaderboards.
- Kobi Nwandu racks up 14.5 points per game to be at the top of the Purple Eagles scoring leaderboard.
- Justin Roberts hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Purple Eagles, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per outing.
- Hammond (1.1 steals per game) is the steal leader for Niagara while Greg Kuakumensah (1.0 block per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED