Aaron Henry leads the Michigan State Spartans (10-7) against the No. 15 Iowa Hawkeyes (14-6) after scoring 20 points in a 60-58 win over Penn State. The Spartans are 5-point underdogs in the matchup on Saturday, February 13, 2021, which tips off at 2:30 PM ET on FOX. The matchup has a point total of 152.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Iowa (-5)||Under (152.5)||Iowa 79 Michigan State 73|
- The Hawkeyes and their opponents have scored no less than 152.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 15 of 20 outings (75%) this year.
- Michigan State and its opponents have combined to score at least 152.5 points in 29.4% of their games this year (five of 17 chances).
- These two teams average a combined 158.9 points per game, 6.4 more points than the over/under of 152.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 144.9 points per game, 7.6 fewer than the point total in this game.
- The Hawkeyes average point total in outings this season is 161.7, 9.2 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Spartans games this season is 10.4 less points than the point total of 152.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hawkeyes score 16.8 more points per game (87.4) than the Spartans allow (70.6).
- When Iowa totals more than 70.6 points, it is 13-4 overall and 9-0 against the spread.
- Michigan State is 0-1 against the spread and 1-0 overall when giving up more than 87.4 points.
- The Spartans average just 2.8 fewer points than the Hawkeyes give up to opponents (74.3).
- Michigan State is 7-2 overall and 3-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 74.3 points.
- Iowa is 4-8 against the spread and 7-5 overall when it gives up more than 71.5 points.
- The Hawkeyes have totaled 262 more points than their opponents this season (13.1 per game on average), and the Spartans have scored only 15 more points than their opponents (0.9 per game).
Iowa Betting Information
- Against the spread, Iowa has been strong this season, posting a 10-9 record.
- The Hawkeyes fare well when favored by at least 5 points, posting a 9-5 record against the spread.
- The Hawkeyes have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 8 times in 19 games this season.
Michigan State Betting Information
- Michigan State has a losing record against the spread, going 4-13 ATS (covering only 23.5% of the time).
- The Spartans have not fared well as a 5-point underdog, going 1-8 against the spread when they are at least 5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Michigan State’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 17 games, 41.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/2/2021||Iowa||-9.5||154.5||-497||+370||Regular Season||84-78 IOWA|
|2/25/2020||Michigan State||-9||151.5||-461||+344||Regular Season||78-70 MSU|
|1/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-67 MSU|
|12/3/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-68 MSU|
- Luka Garza leads the Hawkeyes in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 25.3 points and 8.5 boards per game.
- Jordan Bohannon is the Hawkeyes best passer, dispensing 4.6 assists per game while scoring 10.2 PPG.
- Bohannon leads the Hawkeyes in three-point shooting with an average of 2.6 threes per game.
- Joe Wieskamp and Garza lead Iowa on the defensive end, with Wieskamp leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Garza in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- Henry’s points (14.4 per game) and assists (3.6 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Spartans’ leaderboards.
- The Spartans’ top rebounder is Joey Hauser — he pulls down 6.8 per game while averaging 10.5 points per game.
- Joshua Langford is consistent from distance and leads the Spartans with 1.6 made threes per game.
- Henry (1.4 steals per game) is the steal leader for Michigan State while Marcus Bingham Jr. (1.4 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends