A game after he put up 30 points in a 77-62 win over Wisconsin, Luka Garza leads the No. 11 Iowa Hawkeyes (16-6) at home against the Penn State Nittany Lions (8-10) as 11-point favorites. The matchup, which airs at 5:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 21, 2021, airs on FS1. The point total in the matchup is 157.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Penn State (+11)||Under (157.5)||Iowa 82 Penn State 72|
- In 50% of their opportunities this season (11 of 22 chances), the Hawkeyes and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s point total of 157.5 points.
- Penn State has played in six games this year (out of 18 total matchups — 33.3% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 157.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.5 more points per game (160) than this matchup’s over/under of 157.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 10.8 fewer points per game (146.7) than this matchup’s total of 157.5 points.
- The average point total for Hawkeyes games this season is 2.5 more points than the total of 157.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Nittany Lions this year is 10.8 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hawkeyes average 87 points per game, 13.3 more points than the 73.7 the Nittany Lions allow.
- Iowa is 11-0 against the spread and 15-4 overall when scoring more than 73.7 points.
- When Penn State allows more than 87 points, it is 1-3 against the spread and 0-4 overall.
- The Nittany Lions put up an average of 73 points per game, the exact same amount of points as the 73 the Hawkeyes allow to opponents.
- Penn State has compiled a 5-5 overall record and a 6-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 73 points.
- Iowa has a 6-5 record overall and an ATS record of 3-8 in games when its opponents score more than 73 points.
- The Hawkeyes have totaled 307 more points than their opponents this season (14 per game on average), while the Nittany Lions have been out-scored by 12 total points (0.7 per game average differential).
Iowa Betting Information
- Against the spread, Iowa has been strong this season, posting a 12-9 record.
- When favored by at least 11 points, the Hawkeyes have fared well against the spread, putting together a 4-1 record.
- In 11 of 21 (52.4%) contests this season, Iowa and its opponents have hit the total.
Penn State Betting Information
- Penn State’s record against the spread is 9-9.
- When they are at least 11-point underdogs, the Nittany Lions have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- Penn State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 8 of 18 (44.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||Iowa||-4||151.5||-188||+149||Regular Season||77-68 IOWA|
|1/4/2020||Penn State||-2.5||154||-143||+119||Regular Season||89-86 PSU|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-82 IOWA|
- Garza leads the Hawkeyes in scoring and rebounding, putting up 24.7 points and 8.4 rebounds per game.
- Iowa’s best passer is Jordan Bohannon, who averages 4.6 assists per game to go with his 9.8 PPG scoring average.
- Bohannon contributes the bulk of the Hawkeyes’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.5 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Joe Wieskamp is the Hawkeyes leader in steals, averaging 1.0 steal per game, while Garza leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
Penn State Leaders
- Myreon Jones scores 15.1 points per game to be the top scorer for the Nittany Lions.
- John Harrar puts up a stat line of 8.6 rebounds, 9.0 points and 1.1 assists per game for Penn State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jamari Wheeler has the top spot for assists with 3.3 per game, adding 5.6 points and 4.3 rebounds per contest.
- Bohannon paces his teammates on the Nittany Lions with 2.3 made threes per outing.
- Penn State’s leader in steals is Wheeler (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Seth Lundy (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds