The Alabama State Hornets (4-13) will try to end a five-game losing streak when they visit the Jackson State Tigers (10-5) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Lee E. Williams Athletic and Assembly Center as heavy, 13.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 6:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is 127.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Jackson State (-13.5)||Over (127.5)||Jackson State 72 Alabama State 58|
- In six of 15 opportunities (40%) this year, the Tigers and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 127.5 points.
- Alabama State and its opponents have added up to score at least 127.5 points in 70.6% of their matchups this year (12 of 17 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 0.4 more points per game (127.9) than this matchup’s total of 127.5 points.
- The Tigers and the Hornets have seen their opponents average a combined 5.7 more points per game than the point total of 127.5 set in this game.
- The average over/under the Tigers have had set in matchups this year is 2.3 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Hornets this year is 8.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 63.1 points per game the Tigers average are 8.0 fewer points than the Hornets give up (71.1).
- When Jackson State scores more than 71.1 points, it is 3-0 overall and 3-0 against the spread.
- Alabama State is 7-6 against the spread and 2-11 overall when giving up more than 63.1 points.
- The Hornets’ 64.8 points per game are just 2.7 more points than the 62.1 the Tigers allow to opponents.
- Alabama State has compiled a 4-9 overall record and a 9-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 62.1 points.
- Jackson State’s record is 1-4 against the spread and 1-4 overall when it gives up more than 64.8 points.
- The Tigers have scored just 16 more points than their opponents this year (an average of one per game), while the Hornets have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 107 total points, -6.3 per game).
Jackson State Betting Information
- The Tigers have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 7-8 record.
- The Tigers have covered half the time, going 1-1 against the spread when favored by at least 13.5 points.
- The Tigers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 6 of 15 games (40%).
Alabama State Betting Information
- Alabama State has covered the spread in more than half of its outings, going 9-8 ATS.
- The Hornets have not fared well as a 13.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 13.5-point underdogs.
- Alabama State and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 7 of 17 (41.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/4/2021||Jackson State||-6.5||133||-295||+235||Regular Season||60-44 JXST|
|3/5/2020||Jackson State||-2.5||130.5||-148||+119||Regular Season||71-59 JXST|
|1/4/2020||Jackson State||-5.5||136||-245||+195||Regular Season||70-67 JXST|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-70 JXST|
|1/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-57 ALASU|
Jackson State Leaders
- The Tigers scoring leader is Tristan Jarrett, who averages 19.9 per contest to go with 5.9 rebounds and 1.4 assists.
- Jayveous McKinnis leads the Tigers in rebounding, averaging 13.0 per game, while Jonas James leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.1 in each contest.
- The Tigers get the most three-point shooting production out of Jarrett, who makes 2.3 threes per game.
- Jarrett is the Tigers leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while McKinnis leads them in blocks with 2.2 per contest.
Alabama State Leaders
- Brandon Battle is the top scorer for the Hornets with 11.8 points per game. He also adds 7.4 rebounds and 0.7 assists per game to his statistics.
- The Hornets’ leader in rebounds is Kenny Strawbridge with 7.4 per matchup, and their leader in assists is DJ Heath with 2.8 per game.
- Kevion Stewart’s 1.8 made threes per game lead the Hornets.
- Alabama State’s leader in steals is Heath with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jordan O’Neal with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds