The Tennessee State Tigers (2-3) visit the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (6-3) as 7-point underdogs after Marcus Fitzgerald Jr. put up 21 points in the Tigers 74-62 victory over UT Martin. The matchup airs on ESPN+ at 8:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 14, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 131 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Jacksonville State (-7)||Over (131)||Jacksonville State 74 Tennessee State 63|
- In 66.7% of their opportunities this season (six of nine chances), the Gamecocks and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 131 points.
- Tennessee State and its opponents have combined to score more than 131 points in five of five opportunities (100%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 144.2 points per game, 13.2 more points than the over/under of 131 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.8 more points per game (135.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 131 points.
- The average point total for Gamecocks games this season is 4.2 more points than the total of 131 in this matchup.
- The average total in Tigers games this season is 13.8 more points than the point total of 131 for this outing.
Jacksonville State Betting Information
- Jacksonville State has been good against the spread this season, posting a 4-2 record.
- The Gamecocks have posted a winning record of 1-0 against the spread when the spread is -7 or higher.
- The Gamecocks have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 2 of 6 games (33.3%).
Tennessee State Betting Information
- Tennessee State has a losing record against the spread, going 1-3 ATS (covering just 25% of the time).
- Tennessee State and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 1 of 4 (25%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2020||Tennessee State||-2||141||-132||+108||Regular Season||65-55 TNST|
|1/30/2020||Jacksonville State||-3.5||143||-169||+136||Regular Season||72-62 TNST|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-65 JSU|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-62 JSU|
Jacksonville State Leaders
- The Gamecocks scoring leader is Darian Adams, who averages 13.3 per contest to go with 3.9 rebounds and 3.2 assists.
- Brandon Huffman leads the Gamecocks in rebounding, averaging 5.5 per game, while Jalen Finch leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.5 in each contest.
- Adams’ 2.5 made threes per game lead the Gamecocks.
- Finch and Huffman lead the Gamecocks on the defensive end, with Finch leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Huffman in blocks averaging 1.0 per contest.
Tennessee State Leaders
- Mark Freeman’s points (14.9 per game) and assists (4.1 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Tigers’ leaderboards.
- Shakem Johnson’s stat line of 5.4 rebounds, 7.8 points and 1.6 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Tennessee State rebounding leaderboard.
- Marcus Fitzgerald Jr.’s 2.3 made threes per game lead the Tigers.
- Tennessee State’s leader in steals is Freeman (1.8 per game), and its leader in blocks is Mason Green (0.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found