The SEC conference tournament continues Thursday as the No. 8 seed Kentucky Wildcats (9-15) face off against the No. 9 seed Mississippi State Bulldogs (14-13) at Bridgestone Arena, tipping off at 12:00 PM ET on SECN. Kentucky is a 3.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi State (+3.5)||Over (131)||Kentucky 70 Mississippi State 68|
- The Wildcats and their opponents have combined to score more than 131 points in 66.7% of their outings this year (16 of 24 opportunities).
- Mississippi State has combined with its opponents to score more than 131 points in 16 of 27 opportunities (59.3%) this year.
- The Wildcats and the Bulldogs combine to average 8.7 more points per game than the over/under of 131 set for this matchup.
- The Wildcats and the Bulldogs have seen their opponents average a combined 4.7 more points per game than the point total of 131 set for this outing.
- The average point total for Wildcats games this year is 9.3 more points than the over/under of 131 in this matchup.
- Bulldogs games this year have averaged a total of 135.1 points, 4.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats record just 4.6 more points per game (70.3) than the Bulldogs give up (65.7).
- Kentucky has a 6-0-1 record against the spread and a 9-4 record overall when scoring more than 65.7 points.
- Mississippi State has a 2-7 record against the spread and a 2-7 record overall when allowing more than 70.3 points.
- The Bulldogs put up an average of 69.4 points per game, only 0.6 fewer points than the 70 the Wildcats allow.
- Mississippi State is 8-0 against the spread and 9-6 overall when it scores more than 70 points.
- Kentucky’s record is 4-10 overall and 1-12-1 against the spread when it gives up more than 69.4 points to its opponents.
- The Wildcats have out-scored their opponents by just eight points this season (0.3 points per game on average), and the Bulldogs have put up 101 more points than their opponents on the year (3.7 per game).
Kentucky Betting Information
- Kentucky has covered in just seven of 24 matchups this season.
- The Wildcats have struggled to cover, going just 2-7-1 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- Kentucky and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 10 of 24 games this season (41.7%).
Mississippi State Betting Information
- Mississippi State has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 14-12 ATS.
- The Bulldogs have gone 6-6 against the spread when they are at least a 3.5-point underdog.
- In most of Mississippi State’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (12 out of 26 games, 46.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||Kentucky||-2.5||132||-147||+120||Regular Season||78-73 UK|
|2/4/2020||Kentucky||-6.5||139.5||-294||+231||Regular Season||80-72 UK|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-67 UK|
|1/22/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-55 UK|
- The Wildcats scoring leader is Brandon Boston Jr., who averages 12.0 per contest to go with 4.5 rebounds and 1.6 assists.
- Keion Brooks Jr. leads Kentucky in rebounding, averaging 6.9 per game, while Devin Askew leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.0 in each contest.
- Davion Mintz’s 2.2 threes per game leads the Wildcats.
- Boston and Isaiah Jackson lead the Wildcats on the defensive end, with Boston leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Jackson in blocks averaging 2.6 per contest.
Mississippi State Leaders
- D.J. Stewart scores 16.5 points per game to be the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- The Bulldogs’ leader in rebounds is Tolu Smith with 8.5 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Deivon Smith with 3.0 per game.
- Stewart is reliable from deep and leads the Bulldogs with 1.6 made threes per game.
- Stewart (1.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Mississippi State while Abdul Ado (2.0 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED