The Kentucky Wildcats (2-6) are at home in SEC action against the Vanderbilt Commodores (4-3) on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Wildcats are double-digit favorites by 12 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The point total for the matchup is set at 135.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Vanderbilt (+12)||Over (135)||Kentucky 73 Vanderbilt 65|
- In 22 of eight opportunities (275%) this season, the Wildcats and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 135 points.
- In five of seven outings (71.4%) this year, Vanderbilt has combined with its opponents to score more than 135 points.
- The Wildcats and the Commodores combine to average 4.5 more points per game than the total of 135 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.3 more points per game (135.3) than this game’s over/under of 135 points.
- The Wildcats average point total in matchups this year is 133.9, 1.1 points below the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Commodores this year is 5.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 66.5 points the Wildcats average per game are just 1.4 fewer points than the Commodores give up (67.9).
- Kentucky has a 2-0 record overall and a 2-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 67.9 points.
- Vanderbilt is 1-3 overall and 0-3-1 against the spread in games when it allows more than 66.5 points.
- The Commodores put up an average of 73 points per game, 5.6 more points than the 67.4 the Wildcats give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 67.4 points, Vanderbilt is 2-0-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Kentucky is 1-3 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 73 points.
- The Wildcats have a negative point differential on the season (-7 total points, -0.9 per game), while the Commodores have scored 36 more points than their opponents (5.1 per game).
Kentucky Betting Information
- Kentucky has covered in just three of eight matchups this season.
- The Wildcats fare well when favored by at least 12 points, posting a 1-0 record against the spread.
- The Wildcats have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 1 of 8 games (12.5%).
Vanderbilt Betting Information
- Vanderbilt has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 2-4-1 ATS.
- When they are at least 12-point underdogs, the Commodores have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- Vanderbilt has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 42.9% of matchups this season (3 out of 7 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/11/2020||Kentucky||-10.5||144||-664||459||Regular Season||78-64 UK|
|1/29/2020||Kentucky||-20||141.5||-5833||1366||Regular Season||71-62 UK|
|1/29/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-52 UK|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||56-47 UK|
- The Wildcats scoring leader is Brandon Boston Jr., who averages 13.6 per contest to go with 5.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
- Isaiah Jackson leads Kentucky in rebounding, averaging 7.6 per game, while Davion Mintz leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.0 in each contest.
- Dontaie Allen makes more threes per game than any other member of the Wildcats, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per contest.
- The Kentucky steals leader is Mintz, who averages 1.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jackson, who compiles 2.8 rejections per contest.
- Scotty Pippen Jr. collects 22.6 points and tacks on 4.6 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Commodores’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- The Commodores’ top rebounder is Dylan Disu — he grabs 8.9 per game while scoring 11.4 points per game.
- Pippen is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Commodores, hitting 2.4 threes per game.
- Pippen (1.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for Vanderbilt while Disu (0.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found