The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (12-5) hit the road in C-USA play against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (7-8) on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Bulldogs are favored by 7 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The over/under in the matchup is set at 131.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Miss (+7)||Over (131.5)||Louisiana Tech 70 Southern Miss 65|
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have put up more than 131.5 points in 70.6% of their outings this year (12 of 17 opportunities).
- Southern Miss and its opponents have combined to score more than 131.5 points in eight of 15 opportunities (53.3%) this year.
- The Bulldogs and the Golden Eagles combine to average 7.8 more points per game than the total of 131.5 set for this matchup.
- The Bulldogs and the Golden Eagles have seen their opponents average a combined 0.8 fewer points per game than the point total of 131.5 set in this game.
- The Bulldogs average point total in matchups this season is 140.8, 9.3 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average total in Golden Eagles games this season is 2.4 fewer points than the point total of 131.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bulldogs score 10.1 more points per game (73.8) than the Golden Eagles allow (63.7).
- When Louisiana Tech puts up more than 63.7 points, it is 11-3 overall and 8-0 against the spread.
- Southern Miss has a 1-2 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when allowing more than 73.8 points.
- The Golden Eagles’ 65.5 points per game are only 1.5 fewer points than the 67 the Bulldogs give up to opponents.
- Southern Miss has compiled a 4-2 overall record and a 3-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 67 points.
- Louisiana Tech has an ATS record of 4-6 and a 6-4 record overall when its opponents score more than 65.5 points.
- The Bulldogs have totaled 115 more points than their opponents this season (6.8 per game on average), and the Golden Eagles have scored 27 more points than their opponents (1.8 per game).
Louisiana Tech Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Bulldogs have covered nine times in 16 contests.
- The Bulldogs have posted a winning record of 5-2 against the spread when the spread is -7 or higher.
- The Bulldogs have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 7 of 16 contests this season, a rate of 43.8%
Southern Miss Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have an 8-5 record against the spread, covering in 61.5% of their contests.
- Southern Miss and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 6 of 13 (46.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/4/2020||Louisiana Tech||-16||136||-2500||+1050||Regular Season||78-50 LATECH|
|12/30/2019||Louisiana Tech||-7.5||136||-342||+263||Regular Season||80-49 LATECH|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-71 SOUMIS|
|12/29/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-56 LATECH|
Louisiana Tech Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Bulldogs this season is Kalob Ledoux, who averages 12.4 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 0.9 assists per game.
- Kenneth Lofton Jr. is Louisiana Tech’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.9 per game, while Cobe Williams is its best passer, averaging 3.0 assists in each contest.
- The Bulldogs get the most three-point shooting production out of Ledoux, who makes 1.9 threes per game.
- Williams and Andrew Gordon lead the Bulldogs on the defensive end, with Williams leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Gordon in blocks averaging 0.6 per contest.
Southern Miss Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson puts up 13.8 points and 7.5 rebounds per game for the Golden Eagles, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Tae Hardy dishes out 3.3 assists per game, the most assists on the Golden Eagles.
- LaDavius Draine provides the bulk of the Golden Eagles’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.3 threes per game to lead the team.
- Hardy (1.4 steals per game) and DeAndre Pinckney (0.6 blocks per game) pace the Golden Eagles in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds