The Marquette Golden Eagles (8-6) host the DePaul Blue Demons (2-5) in a matchup of Big East teams at Fiserv Forum, tipping off at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The Blue Demons are 9.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 142.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|DePaul (+9.5)||Over (142)||Marquette 76 DePaul 67|
- In 50% of their opportunities this year (seven of 14 chances), the Golden Eagles and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 142 points.
- DePaul has combined with its opponents to score more than 142 points in four of seven outings (57.1%) this year.
- These teams average a combined 143.5 points per game, 1.5 more points than the total of 142 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 142.5 points per game, 0.5 more than the point total for this game.
- The average total the Golden Eagles have had set in matchups this season is 0.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Blue Demons games this season is 1.3 more points than the point total of 142 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Golden Eagles score 73.1 points per contest, just 0.2 more points than the 72.9 the Blue Demons allow their opponents.
- Marquette has a 6-1 record overall and a 4-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 72.9 points.
- DePaul is 0-3 overall and 1-2 against the spread when giving up more than 73.1 points.
- The Blue Demons put up an average of 70.4 points per game, only 0.8 more points than the 69.6 the Golden Eagles allow.
- DePaul has gone 2-1 overall and 3-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 69.6 points.
- Marquette’s record is 2-2 overall and 1-3 against the spread when it allows more than 70.4 points to its opponents.
- The Golden Eagles have totaled 49 more points than their opponents this season (3.5 per game on average), while the Blue Demons have been out-scored by 17 total points (2.5 per game average differential).
Marquette Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have struggled to an extent against the spread this season, posting a 5-9 record.
- The Golden Eagles have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -9.5 or higher.
- The Golden Eagles have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 6 of 14 contests this season, a rate of 42.9%
DePaul Betting Information
- DePaul has a losing record against the spread, going 3-4 ATS (covering only 42.9% of the time).
- The Blue Demons have fared well as a 9.5-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- In most of Blue Demons games this year, the teams have not hit the over (2 out of 7 games, 28.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/3/2020||Marquette||-5.5||149||-245||+194||Regular Season||69-68 DEPAUL|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-72 MARQ|
|2/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-73 MARQ|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-69 MARQ|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Golden Eagles is Dawson Garcia, who averages 13.4 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Marquette’s best passer is D.J. Carton, who averages 3.5 assists per game to go with his 11.4 PPG scoring average.
- Koby McEwen leads the Golden Eagles in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Carton and Theo John lead Marquette on the defensive end, with Carton leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and John in blocks averaging 1.7 per contest.
- Charlie Moore’s points (12.9 per game) and assists (4.4 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Blue Demons’ leaderboards.
- Darious Hall grabs 6.5 rebounds per game (he also scores 7.5 points per game and adds 1.5 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the DePaul rebounding leaderboard.
- Romeo Weems is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Blue Demons, hitting 1.8 threes per game.
- Weems (1.7 steals per game) and Pauly Paulicap (1.6 blocks per game) pace the Blue Demons in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED