The DePaul Blue Demons (4-12) host the Marquette Golden Eagles (11-13) after losing five straight home games. The Golden Eagles are favored by 5.5 points in the contest, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. The point total in the matchup is set at 136.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|DePaul (+5.5)||Over (136.5)||Marquette 70 DePaul 69|
- The Golden Eagles and their opponents have combined to score more than 136.5 points in 54.2% of their outings this year (13 of 24 opportunities).
- DePaul and its opponents have combined to score more than 136.5 points in 37.5% of their games this season (six of 16 opportunities).
- The Golden Eagles and the Blue Demons combine to average 0.4 fewer points per game than the over/under of 136.5 set for this matchup.
- The Golden Eagles and the Blue Demons have seen their opponents average a combined 4.7 more points per game than the over/under of 136.5 set in this outing.
- The average point total in Golden Eagles games this season is 4.3 more points than the total of 136.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Blue Demons this season is 0.1 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.5 points per game the Golden Eagles average are just 0.4 fewer points than the Blue Demons give up (70.9).
- When Marquette totals more than 70.9 points, it is 8-2 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- DePaul is 3-4 against the spread and 2-5 overall when giving up more than 70.5 points.
- The Blue Demons average only 4.7 fewer points than the Golden Eagles give up (70.3).
- DePaul is 4-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall when it scores more than 70.3 points.
- Marquette is 4-13 against the spread and 6-11 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 65.6 points.
- The Golden Eagles have out-scored their opponents by only four points this season (0.2 points per game on average), and opponents of the Blue Demons have out-scored them by 85 more points on the year (5.3 per game).
Marquette Betting Information
- Marquette has struggled against the spread, going 9-15 on the year.
- The Golden Eagles have posted an even record of 2-2 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or bigger.
- The Golden Eagles have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 10 of 24 games (41.7%).
DePaul Betting Information
- DePaul has a losing record against the spread, going 7-9 ATS (covering only 43.8% of the time).
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Blue Demons have fared well, going 2-0 against the spread.
- DePaul and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 3 of 16 (18.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||Marquette||-8.5||142.5||-445||+333||Regular Season||68-61 DEPAUL|
|3/3/2020||Marquette||-5.5||149||-245||+194||Regular Season||69-68 DEPAUL|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-72 MARQ|
|2/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-73 MARQ|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-69 MARQ|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Golden Eagles is Dawson Garcia, who averages 13.3 points and 6.7 rebounds per game.
- D.J. Carton leads the Golden Eagles in assists, averaging 3.4 per game while also scoring 12.4 points per contest.
- Jamal Cain’s 1.4 threes per game leads the Golden Eagles.
- Carton is the Golden Eagles leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Theo John leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
- Charlie Moore’s points (14.8 per game) and assists (4.3 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Blue Demons’ leaderboards.
- Pauly Paulicap grabs 6.1 rebounds per game (he also scores 6.9 points per game and adds 0.1 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the DePaul rebounding leaderboard.
- Moore hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Blue Demons, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 1.8 per game.
- DePaul’s leader in steals is Javon Freeman-Liberty (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nick Ongenda (1.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Men’s College Basketball Week 6 Parlay Betting Picks
- NCAAB 2021 Week 6 Matches To Must Watch and Bet On the Week
- NCAA Basketball 2021 Season: Week 5 Games to Bet From Tuesday to Thursday
- Early NCAA Basketball 2021-22 Championship Betting Analysis & Predictions
- NCAAB 2021 Week 3 Matches To Must Watch and Bet On