The Florida International Panthers (8-6) will look to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Marshall Thundering Herd (7-4) on Friday, January 22, 2021 at Ocean Bank Convocation Center as 8-point underdogs. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under set at 156.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Florida International (+8)||Under (156.5)||Marshall 80 Florida International 72|
- The Thundering Herd and their opponents have recorded more than 156.5 points in 9.1% of their outings this season (one of 11 opportunities).
- In seven of 14 outings (50%) this season, Florida International has combined with its opponents to score more than 156.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.2 more points per game (158.7) than this matchup’s over/under of 156.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 10.7 fewer points per game (145.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 156.5 points.
- The average point total in Thundering Herd games this year is 6.1 less points than the total of 156.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Panthers this year is 2.4 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Thundering Herd score only 4.6 more points per game (78.5) than the Panthers give up (73.9).
- Marshall has a 6-1 record overall and a 4-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 73.9 points.
- When Florida International gives up more than 78.5 points, it is 0-4 against the spread and 1-4 overall.
- The Panthers score an average of 80.2 points per game, 8.3 more points than the 71.9 the Thundering Herd allow to opponents.
- Florida International has put together a 3-0 ATS record and a 7-3 overall record in games it scores more than 71.9 points.
- Marshall’s record is 0-2 overall and 0-2 against the spread when it gives up more than 80.2 points to its opponents.
- The Thundering Herd have out-scored their opponents by a total of 72 points this season (6.6 points per game on average), and the Panthers have put up 89 more points than their opponents on the year (6.3 per game).
Marshall Betting Information
- Marshall has struggled against the spread, going 4-5-1 on the year.
- The Thundering Herd have covered half the time, going 1-1-1 against the spread when favored by at least 8 points.
- Marshall and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the over in 5 of 10 games this season (50%).
Florida International Betting Information
- Florida International has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 4-6 ATS.
- Florida International has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 60% of matchups this year (6 out of 10 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2020||Florida International||-2||159.5||-137||+113||Regular Season||84-74 MARSH|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-78 MARSH|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||105-97 MARSH|
- The Thundering Herd scoring leader is Taevion Kinsey, who averages 20.5 per contest to go with 6.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists.
- Andrew Taylor leads the Thundering Herd in rebounding, averaging 6.5 per game, while Jarrod West leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 6.5 in each contest.
- Jannson Williams makes more threes per game than any other member of the Thundering Herd, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.0 per contest.
- West is the Thundering Herd leader in steals, averaging 2.8 steals per game, while Williams leads them in blocks with 2.2 per contest.
Florida International Leaders
- Antonio Daye’s points (18.0 per game) and assists (4.7 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Panthers’ leaderboards.
- Radshad Davis grabs 6.0 rebounds per game (he also scores 13.3 points per game and adds 1.1 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Florida International rebounding leaderboard.
- Eric Lovett makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Panthers, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.9 per game.
- Florida International’s leader in steals is Daye with 2.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Dimon Carrigan with 2.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds