The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (5-11) visit the Marshall Thundering Herd (10-5) after losing three straight road games. The Thundering Herd are double-digit favorites by 17.5 points in the contest, which begins at 6:00 PM ET on Friday, February 12, 2021. The point total is 143.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Middle Tennessee (+17.5)||Under (143.5)||Marshall 77 Middle Tennessee 62|
- The Thundering Herd and their opponents have put up more than 143.5 points in 80% of their outings this season (12 of 15 opportunities).
- Middle Tennessee has played in two games this year (out of 16 total matchups — 12.5% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 143.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 141.2 points per game, 2.3 fewer points than the over/under of 143.5 set for this matchup.
- The Thundering Herd and the Blue Raiders have seen their opponents average a combined 5.0 less points per game than the over/under of 143.5 set in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Thundering Herd have had set in games this season is 8.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Blue Raiders this season is 15.6 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 79.9 points per game the Thundering Herd average are 13.3 more points than the Blue Raiders give up (66.6).
- Marshall has a 7-0-1 record against the spread and a 10-5 record overall when putting up more than 66.6 points.
- Middle Tennessee has compiled a 0-3 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall in games when it gives up more than 79.9 points.
- The Blue Raiders put up an average of 61.3 points per game, 10.6 fewer points than the 71.9 the Thundering Herd allow.
- Middle Tennessee is 3-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 71.9 points.
- Marshall is 7-6 against the spread and 9-5 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 61.3 points.
- The Thundering Herd have out-scored their opponents by a total of 121 points this season (eight points per game on average), and opponents of the Blue Raiders have out-scored them by 84 more points on the year (5.3 per game).
Marshall Betting Information
- Against the spread, Marshall has been strong this season, posting a 7-6-1 record.
- More often than not, Marshall and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 8 of 14 chances this season.
Middle Tennessee Betting Information
- Middle Tennessee has a losing record against the spread, going 5-10 ATS (covering just 33.3% of the time).
- The Blue Raiders and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 6 of 15 (40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2020||Marshall||-4.5||151||-210||+170||Regular Season||79-75 MARSH|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||98-93 MARSH|
- Taevion Kinsey leads the Thundering Herd in scoring, tallying 19.8 points per game to go with 6.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists.
- Marshall’s leading rebounder is Andrew Taylor averaging 6.5 boards per game and its best passer is Jarrod West and his 6.3 assists per game.
- The Thundering Herd get the most three-point shooting production out of Jannson Williams, who makes 1.9 threes per game.
- West is the Thundering Herd leader in steals, averaging 2.7 steals per game, while Williams leads them in blocks with 2.1 per contest.
Middle Tennessee Leaders
- The Blue Raiders’ Dontrell Shuler averages enough points (12.5 per game) and assists (2.9 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Jo’Vontae Millner grabs 5.6 rebounds per game (he also scores 7.4 points per game and adds 0.5 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Middle Tennessee rebounding leaderboard.
- Jordan Davis connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Blue Raiders, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 1.5 per contest.
- The Blue Raiders’ leader in steals is Davis with 1.7 per game, and Millner is their leader in blocks with 0.5 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED