The Marshall Thundering Herd (12-5) take a three-game winning streak into a home matchup with the North Texas Mean Green (12-6), who have won three straight as well. The Mean Green are underdogs by 4 points in the contest, which tips at 7:00 PM ET (on ESPNU) on Friday, February 26, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|North Texas (+4)||Over (140.5)||Marshall 73 North Texas 70|
- The Thundering Herd and their opponents have totaled at least 140.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 15 of 17 games (88.2%) this year.
- In five of 18 games (27.8%) this year, North Texas has combined with its opponents to score more than 140.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 154.8 points per game, 14.3 more points than the over/under of 140.5 set for this matchup.
- The Thundering Herd and the Mean Green have seen their opponents average a combined 5.8 less points per game than the over/under of 140.5 set for this game.
- The Thundering Herd average point total in matchups this season is 155.5, 15.0 points higher than the total in this game.
- Mean Green games this season have averaged an over/under of 133.9 points, 6.6 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Thundering Herd record 82.5 points per game, 20.9 more points than the 61.6 the Mean Green allow.
- When Marshall scores more than 61.6 points, it is 12-5 overall and 8-0-1 against the spread.
- North Texas has put together a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall when giving up more than 82.5 points.
- The Mean Green put up an average of 72.3 points per game, just 0.8 fewer points than the 73.1 the Thundering Herd allow to opponents.
- In games when it puts up more than 73.1 points, North Texas is 6-0 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
- Marshall has an ATS record of 2-5 and a 3-4 record overall when its opponents score more than 72.3 points.
- The Thundering Herd have out-scored their opponents by a total of 160 points this season (9.4 points per game on average), and the Mean Green have put up 194 more points than their opponents on the year (10.7 per game).
Marshall Betting Information
- Marshall has been good against the spread this season, posting an 8-7-1 record.
- The Thundering Herd fare well when favored by at least 4 points, posting a 6-4-1 record against the spread.
- The Thundering Herd have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 6 times in 16 games this season.
North Texas Betting Information
- North Texas has a winning record against the spread, going 10-6 ATS (covering 62.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 4-point underdogs, the Mean Green have fared well, going 9-4 against the spread.
- The Mean Green and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 6 of 16 (37.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/4/2020||Marshall||-4.5||146||-205||+165||Regular Season||67-64 NTX|
|3/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-82 MARSH|
|2/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-51 NTX|
- The Thundering Herd scoring leader is Taevion Kinsey, who averages 20.4 per contest to go with 6.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists.
- Andrew Taylor leads the Thundering Herd in rebounding, averaging 6.2 per game, while Jarrod West leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 6.4 in each contest.
- West leads the Thundering Herd in three-point shooting with an average of 1.9 threes per game.
- West is the Thundering Herd leader in steals, averaging 2.6 steals per game, while Jannson Williams leads them in blocks with 2.2 per contest.
North Texas Leaders
- The Mean Green’s Javion Hamlet racks up enough points (13.4 per game) and assists (4.2 per game) to sit atop the squad’s leaderboards.
- Zachary Simmons grabs 6.2 rebounds per game (he also scores 10.4 points per game and adds 2.2 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the North Texas rebounding leaderboard.
- James Reese makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Mean Green, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.9 per contest.
- Reese (1.4 steals per game) is the steal leader for North Texas while Thomas Bell (0.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds