The No. 3 seed Marshall Thundering Herd (15-6) are favored by 10.5 points when they square off the No. 6 seed Rice Owls (14-12) in the C-USA Tournament quarterfinals Wednesday at FORD CENTER AT THE STAR, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the C-USA championship.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Thundering Herd and their opponents have scored at least 158.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in five of 21 opportunities (23.8%) this year.
- Rice and its opponents have combined to score at least 158.5 points in six of 26 games (23.1%) this year.
- These teams average a combined 155 points per game, 3.5 fewer points than the over/under of 158.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 146.5 points per game, 12.0 less than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Thundering Herd have had set in matchups this year is 5.5 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Owls games this season is 10.2 less points than the point total of 158.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Thundering Herd put up 6.6 more points per game (80.5) than the Owls give up (73.9).
- When Marshall totals more than 73.9 points, it is 8-0 against the spread and 13-2 overall.
- Rice has compiled a 1-5 record against the spread and a 1-5 record overall in games when it gives up more than 80.5 points.
- The Owls’ 74.5 points per game are only 1.9 more points than the 72.6 the Thundering Herd give up.
- In games when it scores more than 72.6 points, Rice is 7-0 against the spread and 10-3 overall.
- Marshall has an ATS record of 1-6 and a 2-5 record overall when its opponents score more than 74.5 points.
- The Thundering Herd have totaled 166 more points than their opponents this season (7.9 per game on average), and the Owls have scored just 15 more points than their opponents (0.6 per game).
Marshall Betting Information
- Marshall has not performed well against the spread this season, posting an 8-11-1 record.
- The Thundering Herd have posted a losing record of 2-4-1 against the spread when the spread is -10.5 or higher.
- Marshall has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 13 of 20 games for a 65% rate.
Rice Betting Information
- Rice has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 12-9-1 ATS.
- The Owls have gone 1-1 against the spread when they are at least a 10.5-point underdog.
- In 11 out of Owls 22 games this year, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2020||Marshall||-9.5||160||-500||+371||Regular Season||89-69 MARSH|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-69 RICE|
- Taevion Kinsey leads the Thundering Herd in scoring and rebounding, putting up 20.0 points and 6.2 boards per game.
- Jarrod West is the Thundering Herd best passer, dispensing 6.0 assists per game while scoring 12.2 PPG.
- West paces his teammates on the Thundering Herd with 1.9 made threes per outing.
- West and Jannson Williams lead Marshall on the defensive end, with West leading the team in steals averaging 2.5 per game and Williams in blocks averaging 2.1 per contest.
- Max Fiedler has averaged 8.7 boards and 3.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Owls leaderboards in those stat categories.
- Quincy Olivari scores 16.0 points per game, putting him at the top of the Rice scoring leaderboard. He also grabs 5.0 rebounds and averages 1.0 assist per game.
- Olivari makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Owls, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 3.1 per contest.
- The Owls’ leader in steals is Travis Evee with 1.2 per game, and Fiedler is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED