The No. 8 seed Maryland Terrapins (14-12) and the No. 9 seed Michigan State Spartans (15-11) will look to advance in the Big Ten tournament on Thursday as they meet in the quarterfinals of the conference tournament at 11:30 AM ET on BTN. Maryland is listed as a 1-point favorite to win this contest and advance closer to an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Maryland (-1)||Over (130.5)||Maryland 70 Michigan State 66|
- The Terrapins and their opponents have scored more than 130.5 points in 53.8% of their games this season (14 of 26 opportunities).
- Michigan State and its opponents have added up to score at least 130.5 points in 69.2% of their games this season (18 of 26 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 6.7 more points per game (137.2) than this game’s total of 130.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.2 more points per game (135.7) than this game’s total of 130.5 points.
- The average point total for Terrapins games this season is 2.2 more points than the total of 130.5 in this matchup.
- The average total in Spartans games this year is 9.7 more points than the point total of 130.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 67.7 points the Terrapins record per game are just three fewer points than the Spartans surrender (70.7).
- Maryland is 4-0 against the spread and 8-1 overall when scoring more than 70.7 points.
- Michigan State is 5-11 against the spread and 7-9 overall when giving up more than 67.7 points.
- The Spartans put up only 4.5 more points per game (69.5) than the Terrapins allow their opponents to score (65).
- Michigan State has put together a 13-4 overall record and an 8-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 65 points.
- Maryland’s record is 2-6 overall and 1-7 against the spread when it allows more than 69.5 points to its opponents.
- The Terrapins have out-scored their opponents by a total of 71 points this season (2.7 points per game on average), and opponents of the Spartans have out-scored them by 30 more points on the year (1.2 per game).
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 10-15 record.
- The Terrapins have posted a losing record of 5-7 against the spread when the spread is -1 or bigger.
- Maryland has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 9 times in 25 contests (36%).
Michigan State Betting Information
- Michigan State has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 9-17 ATS.
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Spartans have a record ATS of 3-11.
- Michigan State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 38.5% of matchups this year (10 out of 26 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/28/2021||Maryland||-2.5||134||-142||+119||Regular Season||73-55 MARY|
|2/29/2020||Maryland||-3||138||-161||+129||Regular Season||78-66 MSU|
|2/15/2020||Michigan State||-7||138||-335||+250||Regular Season||67-60 MARY|
|1/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-55 MSU|
- The Terrapins scoring leader is Eric Ayala, who averages 14.5 per contest to go with 4.0 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- Donta Scott leads the Terrapins in rebounding, averaging 6.4 per game, while Darryl Morsell leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.8 in each contest.
- Ayala’s 1.9 threes per game leads the Terrapins.
- Aaron Wiggins is Maryland’s leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Scott leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- The Spartans’ Aaron Henry racks up enough points (15.5 per game) and assists (3.5 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Joey Hauser is at the top of the Michigan State rebounding leaderboard with 5.9 rebounds per game. He also scores 9.9 points and adds 1.5 assists per game.
- Gabe Brown’s 1.4 made threes per game lead the Spartans.
- Henry (1.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Michigan State while Marcus Bingham Jr. (1.3 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED