The Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-7) are only 2.5-point underdogs as they try to stop a six-game road losing streak when they visit the Maryland Terrapins (9-10) on Sunday, February 14, 2021 at XFINITY Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS1. The matchup has a point total of 138.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (+2.5)||Over (138)||Maryland 71 Minnesota 70|
- In nine of 19 opportunities (47.4%) this season, the Terrapins and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 138 points.
- In 14 of 20 games (70%) this season, Minnesota has combined with its opponents to score more than 138 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.6 more points per game (143.6) than this game’s over/under of 138 points.
- The Terrapins and the Golden Gophers have seen their opponents average a combined one more point per game than the over/under of 138 set for this matchup.
- The average total the Terrapins have had set in matchups this season is 3.3 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Golden Gophers games this year have averaged an over/under of 147.9 points, 9.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 67.8 points the Terrapins put up per game are just 4.4 fewer points than the Golden Gophers surrender (72.2).
- Maryland has a 5-1 record overall and a 2-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 72.2 points.
- Minnesota has a 4-6-2 record against the spread and a 6-6 record overall when giving up more than 67.8 points.
- The Golden Gophers’ 75.8 points per game are nine more points than the 66.8 the Terrapins allow to opponents.
- Minnesota has gone 13-2 overall and 9-0-2 against the spread in games it scores more than 66.8 points.
- Maryland is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall when it gives up more than 75.8 points.
- The Terrapins have scored only 19 more points than their opponents this year (an average of one per game), and the Golden Gophers have out-scored opponents by 71 points on the season (3.6 more per game).
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 6-12 record.
- The Terrapins have struggled to cover, going just 2-4 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- The Terrapins have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 8 of 18 games (44.4%).
Minnesota Betting Information
- Minnesota has a 9-8-2 record against the spread, covering in 47.4% of their games.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Golden Gophers have gone 3-3-2 against the spread.
- In most of Golden Gophers games this year, the teams have not hit the over (9 out of 19 games, 47.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||Minnesota||-5.5||145||-248||+198||Regular Season||63-49 MARY|
|2/26/2020||Maryland||-1||134.5||-117||-106||Regular Season||74-73 MARY|
|3/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-60 MARY|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-67 MARY|
- Eric Ayala leads the Terrapins in scoring, tallying 14.3 points per game to go with 3.5 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Donta Scott is Maryland’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.4 per game, while Aaron Wiggins is its best passer, distributing 2.9 assists in each contest.
- Ayala leads the Terrapins in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Ayala is Maryland’s leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Scott leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
- Marcus Carr scores 19.9 points and tacks on 5.4 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Golden Gophers’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Liam Robbins’ stat line of 7.3 rebounds, 13.1 points and 1.1 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Minnesota rebounding leaderboard.
- Carr leads the Golden Gophers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.1 made threes per game.
- Carr (1.2 steals per game) and Robbins (2.8 blocks per game) pace the Golden Gophers in steals and blocks, respectively.