The Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-13) are 9.5-point underdogs as they attempt to turn around a 10-game losing streak when they visit the Maryland Terrapins (10-10) on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at XFINITY Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on BTN. The point total is 135.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 45% of their opportunities this year (nine of 20 chances), the Terrapins and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- Nebraska and its opponents have combined to score at least 135.5 points in 70.6% of their games this season (12 of 17 chances).
- These two teams average a combined 138.5 points per game, 3.0 more points than the total of 135.5 set for this matchup.
- The Terrapins and the Cornhuskers have seen their opponents average a combined 3.6 more points per game than the point total of 135.5 set for this outing.
- The average total the Terrapins have had set in matchups this season is 1.0 less point than this outing’s point total.
- Cornhuskers games this year have averaged an over/under of 143.1 points, 7.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Terrapins average 68.1 points per contest, just 4.6 fewer points than the 72.7 the Cornhuskers give up to opponents.
- Maryland is 5-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread when scoring more than 72.7 points.
- When Nebraska gives up more than 68.1 points, it is 2-8 against the spread and 1-9 overall.
- The Cornhuskers’ 70.4 points per game are just four more points than the 66.4 the Terrapins allow.
- Nebraska has put together a 4-5 overall record and a 4-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 66.4 points.
- Maryland has a 1-6 record overall and an ATS record of 1-6 in games when its opponents score more than 70.4 points.
- The Terrapins have put up a total of 32 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 1.7 per game), while the Cornhuskers have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 39 total points, -2.3 per game).
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 7-12 record.
- When favored by at least 9.5 points, the Terrapins have compiled a 2-2 record ATS.
- Maryland has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 8 times in 19 contests (42.1%).
Nebraska Betting Information
- Nebraska has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 7-9 ATS.
- When they are at least 9.5-point underdogs, the Cornhuskers have a record ATS of 2-1.
- The Cornhuskers and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 5 of 16 (31.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/11/2020||Maryland||-18.5||147||-3067||+1172||Regular Season||72-70 MARY|
|2/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||60-45 MARY|
|1/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-72 MARY|
- The scoring leader for the Terrapins this season is Eric Ayala, who averages 14.2 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game.
- Donta Scott is Maryland’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.6 per game, while Darryl Morsell is its best passer, averaging 2.9 assists in each contest.
- Ayala contributes the bulk of the Terrapins’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 1.9 threes per game to lead the squad.
- The Maryland steals leader is Ayala, who averages 1.1 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Chol Marial, who compiles 0.7 rejections per contest.
- Dalano Banton has racked up 6.6 boards and 4.7 assists per game, putting him atop the Cornhuskers leaderboards in those categories.
- Teddy Allen counts for 16.6 points per game, making him the top scorer on Nebraska’s team.
- Allen hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Cornhuskers, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.0 per game.
- Trey McGowens (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Nebraska while Banton (1.0 block per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED