The Maryland Terrapins (14-11) host the Penn State Nittany Lions (10-12) as 6.5-point favorites after Aaron Wiggins went off for 26 points in the Terrapins 60-55 loss to Northwestern. The game airs on BTN at 7:00 PM ET on Sunday, March 7, 2021. The point total is set at 136 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Penn State (+6.5)||Over (136)||Maryland 72 Penn State 68|
- The Terrapins and their opponents have totaled at least 136 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 10 of 25 games (40%) this year.
- Penn State has combined with its opponents to score at least 136 points in 15 of 22 opportunities (68.2%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 140.9 points per game, 4.9 more points than the over/under of 136 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.7 more points per game (138.7) than this game’s over/under of 136 points.
- The Terrapins average point total in matchups this season is 133, three points below the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Nittany Lions this season is 10.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 68 points per game the Terrapins average are 5.7 fewer points than the Nittany Lions give up (73.7).
- Maryland is 2-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when scoring more than 73.7 points.
- Penn State has a 4-10 record against the spread and a 4-10 record overall when giving up more than 68 points.
- The Nittany Lions score an average of 72.9 points per game, 7.9 more points than the 65 the Terrapins allow.
- Penn State has gone 8-8 overall and 8-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 65 points.
- Maryland’s record is 1-5 against the spread and 0-6 overall when it gives up more than 72.9 points.
- The Terrapins have totaled 76 more points than their opponents this season (three per game on average), while the Nittany Lions have been out-scored by 17 total points (0.8 per game average differential).
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 10-14 record.
- The Terrapins have posted an even record of 3-3 against the spread when the spread is -6.5 or higher.
- The Terrapins have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 9 of 24 contests this season, a rate of 37.5%
Penn State Betting Information
- Penn State has covered the spread in half of its outings, going 11-11 ATS.
- When they play as at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Nittany Lions have a record ATS of 1-2.
- Penn State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 10 of 22 (45.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/5/2021||Penn State||-2.5||142.5||-147||+122||Regular Season||55-50 PSU|
|12/10/2019||Penn State||-2||142.5||-132||+108||Regular Season||76-69 PSU|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-61 PSU|
|12/1/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-59 MARY|
- Eric Ayala leads the Terrapins in scoring, tallying 14.5 points per game to go with 3.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- Donta Scott leads the Terrapins in rebounding, averaging 6.7 per game, while Darryl Morsell leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.8 in each contest.
- The Terrapins get the most three-point shooting production out of Ayala, who makes 2.0 threes per game.
- Wiggins is Maryland’s leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Scott leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
Penn State Leaders
- Myreon Jones puts up 15.5 points per game and is the top scorer for the Nittany Lions.
- John Harrar is atop the Nittany Lions rebounding leaderboard with 8.6 rebounds per game, and Jamari Wheeler paces the team in assists with 3.5 per contest.
- Jones is consistent from deep and leads the Nittany Lions with 2.5 made threes per game.
- Penn State’s leader in steals is Wheeler (1.9 per game), and its leader in blocks is Seth Lundy (0.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Tennessee Volunteers 3/13/2021 SEC Tournament Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends