The SMU Mustangs (8-2) are slight underdogs (by 1.5 points) to extend a three-game road win streak when they visit the Memphis Tigers (8-5) on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 140.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Memphis (-1.5)||Under (140.5)||Memphis 71 SMU 69|
- In five of 13 games (38.5%) this season, the Tigers and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s point total of 140.5 points.
- SMU and its opponents have combined to score at least 140.5 points in 70% of their games this season (seven of 10 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 150.6 points per game, 10.1 more points than the over/under of 140.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 128.7 points per game, 11.8 fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Tigers have had set in matchups this year is 7.1 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Mustangs this season is 5.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 71.5 points per game the Tigers average are just 4.6 more points than the Mustangs allow (66.9).
- Memphis has a 4-0 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall when putting up more than 66.9 points.
- SMU has a 0-2 record against the spread and a 1-2 record overall when allowing more than 71.5 points.
- The Mustangs score an average of 79.1 points per game, 17.3 more points than the 61.8 the Tigers allow.
- When it scores more than 61.8 points, SMU is 5-0-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Memphis is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it allows more than 79.1 points.
- The Tigers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 126 points this season (9.7 points per game on average), and the Mustangs have put up 122 more points than their opponents on the year (12.2 per game).
Memphis Betting Information
- Memphis has struggled against the spread, going 4-8 on the year.
- The Tigers have struggled to cover, going just 4-8 ATS when favored by at least 1.5 points.
- Memphis and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 1 of 12 games this season (8.3%).
SMU Betting Information
- SMU has a 5-3-1 record against the spread, covering in 55.6% of their contests.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Mustangs have a record ATS of 4-2-1.
- SMU has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 66.7% of matchups this year (6 out of 9 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/25/2020||SMU||-4.5||143.5||-208||+166||Regular Season||58-53 SMU|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-70 SMU|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-61 MEM|
- The Tigers scoring leader is Landers Nolley II, who averages 12.8 per contest to go with 3.5 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Moussa Cisse is the Tigers leading rebounder, grabbing 7.6 per game, while Alex Lomax is their best passer, distributing 4.0 assists in each contest.
- Nolley leads the Tigers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.4 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The Memphis steals leader is Lomax, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Cisse, who compiles 1.8 rejections per contest.
- Kendric Davis’ points (19.3 per game) and assists (7.8 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Mustangs’ leaderboards.
- Feron Hunt grabs 8.6 rebounds per game (he also scores 12.2 points per game and adds 0.7 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the SMU rebounding leaderboard.
- Emmanuel Bandoumel leads the Mustangs in three-point shooting with an average of 2.0 made threes per game.
- Davis (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for SMU while Yor Anei (2.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds