The Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-6) will try to break a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 17 Michigan State Spartans (6-3) at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 2, 2021 as 8.5-point underdogs. The Spartans have also lost three games in a row. The point total for the matchup is set at 152.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Nebraska (+8.5)||Under (152)||Nebraska 75 Michigan State 74|
- The Spartans and their opponents have totaled at least 152 points — this matchup’s point total — in four of nine games (44.4%) this year.
- Nebraska and its opponents have combined to score at least 152 points in three of 10 opportunities (30%) this year.
- The Spartans and the Cornhuskers combine to average 1.1 more points per game than the total of 152 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.2 less points per game (147.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 152 points.
- The Spartans average point total in outings this year is 153.9, 1.9 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Cornhuskers games this year have averaged a total of 147.1 points, 4.9 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 78.4 points per game the Spartans average are six more points than the Cornhuskers allow (72.4).
- When Michigan State totals more than 72.4 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- Nebraska has put together a 0-3 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when giving up more than 78.4 points.
- The Cornhuskers’ 74.7 points per game are only 0.7 fewer points than the 75.4 the Spartans allow.
- When it scores more than 75.4 points, Nebraska is 2-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Michigan State’s record is 2-3 overall and 0-5 against the spread when it allows more than 74.7 points to its opponents.
- The Spartans have totaled 27 more points than their opponents this season (three per game on average), and the Cornhuskers have scored 23 more points than their opponents (2.3 per game).
Michigan State Betting Information
- Michigan State has struggled against the spread, going 2-7 on the year.
- The Spartans have posted a losing record of 1-4 against the spread when the spread is -8.5 or bigger.
- In 5 of 9 (55.6%) contests this season, Michigan State and its opponents have hit the over.
Nebraska Betting Information
- Nebraska has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 3-6 ATS.
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Cornhuskers have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- The Cornhuskers and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 2 of 9 (22.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/20/2020||Michigan State||-12||150.5||-922||572||Regular Season||86-65 MSU|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-76 MSU|
|1/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-64 MSU|
Michigan State Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Spartans is Joey Hauser, who accumulates 13.1 points and 8.1 rebounds per game.
- Aaron Henry leads Michigan State in assists, averaging 4.4 per game while also scoring 11.9 points per contest.
- Gabe Brown provides the bulk of the Spartans’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 1.7 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Henry is the Spartans leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Marcus Bingham Jr. leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
- Dalano Banton leads the Cornhuskers in both rebounds and assists with 7.5 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game.
- Teddy Allen scores 17.7 points per game, putting him at the top of the Nebraska scoring leaderboard. He also grabs 5.0 rebounds and averages 1.3 assists per game.
- Allen is dependable from distance and leads the Cornhuskers with 2.1 made threes per game.
- The Cornhuskers’ leader in steals is Allen with 2.0 per game, and Banton is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found