The Penn State Nittany Lions (7-8) are only 3-point underdogs as they attempt to end a six-game road slide when they take on the Michigan State Spartans (9-7) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at Breslin Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The point total in the matchup is set at 143.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Penn State (+3)||Over (143.5)||Penn State 74 Michigan State 72|
- The Spartans and their opponents have totaled at least 143.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 16 opportunities (56.2%) this year.
- Penn State has played in nine games this season (out of 15 total matchups — 60% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 143.5 points.
- The Spartans and the Nittany Lions combine to average 2.9 more points per game than the total of 143.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.2 more points per game (145.7) than this game’s total of 143.5 points.
- The average total the Spartans have had set in matchups this season is 0.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Nittany Lions games this season is 5.0 more points than the point total of 143.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 72.2 points per game the Spartans score are only 2.1 fewer points than the Nittany Lions allow (74.3).
- When Michigan State totals more than 74.3 points, it is 7-2 overall and 3-0 against the spread.
- When Penn State gives up more than 72.2 points, it is 2-5 against the spread and 1-6 overall.
- The Nittany Lions put up an average of 74.2 points per game, only 2.8 more points than the 71.4 the Spartans allow.
- Penn State has gone 6-5 overall and 6-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 71.4 points.
- Michigan State is 1-7 against the spread and 3-5 overall when it gives up more than 74.2 points.
- The Spartans have out-scored their opponents by only 13 points this season (0.8 points per game on average), and opponents of the Nittany Lions have out-scored them by just one more point on the year (0.1 per game).
Michigan State Betting Information
- Michigan State has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 4-12 record.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Spartans have struggled to a 2-10 record ATS this season.
- Michigan State and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 7 of 16 games this season (43.8%).
Penn State Betting Information
- Penn State has a winning record against the spread, going 8-7 ATS (covering 53.3% of the time).
- When they are at least 3-point underdogs, the Nittany Lions have not fared well, going 1-2 against the spread.
- The Nittany Lions and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 7 of 15 (46.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/3/2020||Michigan State||-2||146.5||-135||+111||Regular Season||79-71 MSU|
|2/4/2020||Michigan State||-8.5||145.5||-435||+320||Regular Season||75-70 PSU|
|1/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-56 MSU|
Michigan State Leaders
- The Spartans leader in points and assists is Aaron Henry, who puts up 14.0 points per game along with 3.6 assists.
- Joey Hauser is the Spartans best rebounder, hauling in an average of 7.1 boards in each contest while scoring 10.5 points per game.
- Joshua Langford leads the Spartans in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.7 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Henry is the Spartans leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Marcus Bingham Jr. leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
Penn State Leaders
- Myreon Jones is the top scorer for the Nittany Lions with 14.7 points per game. He also tacks on 2.8 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game to his statistics.
- The Penn State leaders in rebounding and assists are John Harrar with 8.3 rebounds per game (he also adds 8.7 points and 0.9 assists per game) and Jamari Wheeler with 3.4 assists per game (he also tacks on 5.5 points and 3.9 rebounds per game).
- Jones’ 2.3 made threes per game lead the Nittany Lions.
- Wheeler (1.7 steals per game) and Seth Lundy (0.8 blocks per game) lead the Nittany Lions in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Men’s College Basketball Matches to Bet On: Baylor Looking to Keep Winning Streak
- Men’s College Basketball Week 8 Parlay Betting Picks
- NCAAB 2021 Week 8 Matches To Must Watch and Bet On the Week
- Men’s College Basketball Week 7 Parlay Betting Picks
- NCAAB 2021 Week 7 Matches To Must Watch and Bet On the Week