Aaron Henry leads the Michigan State Spartans (14-10) into a matchup with the No. 2 Michigan Wolverines (18-2) after putting up 22 points in a 64-58 win over Indiana. The Wolverines are 12.5-point favorites in the game on Thursday, March 4, 2021, which tips off at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s point total is set at 139.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In nine of 20 opportunities (45%) this season, the Wolverines and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Michigan State and its opponents have added up to score more than 139.5 points in 62.5% of their games this year (15 of 24 opportunities).
- The Wolverines and the Spartans combine to average 8.4 more points per game than the over/under of 139.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 136.8 points per game, 2.7 less than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total for Wolverines games this year is 3.8 more points than the over/under of 139.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Spartans games this year is 1.8 more points than the point total of 139.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wolverines average 77.6 points per game, 6.6 more points than the 71 the Spartans allow.
- When Michigan puts up more than 71 points, it is 15-0 overall and 13-0 against the spread.
- Michigan State is 1-6 against the spread and 1-6 overall when giving up more than 77.6 points.
- The Spartans score only 4.5 more points per game (70.3) than the Wolverines allow (65.8).
- When it scores more than 65.8 points, Michigan State is 7-0 against the spread and 12-2 overall.
- Michigan’s record is 5-2 overall and 4-3 against the spread when it gives up more than 70.3 points to its opponents.
- The Wolverines have scored a total of 236 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 11.8 per game), while the Spartans have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 17 total points, -0.7 per game).
Michigan Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Wolverines have covered 15 times in 20 contests.
- When favored by at least 12.5 points, the Wolverines have fared well against the spread, compiling a 4-1 record.
- The Wolverines have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 8 of 20 games (40%).
Michigan State Betting Information
- The Spartans have a losing record against the spread, going 8-16 ATS (covering only 33.3% of the time).
- When they are at least 12.5-point underdogs, the Spartans have not fared well, going 0-5 against the spread.
- In most of Spartans games this season, the teams have not hit the over (10 out of 24 games, 41.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||Michigan State||-2||142.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-68 MICH|
|1/5/2020||Michigan State||-9||145||-478||+346||Regular Season||87-69 MSU|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-63 MSU|
|2/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-70 MSU|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Wolverines is Hunter Dickinson, who averages 14.4 points and 7.7 rebounds per game.
- Mike Smith is Michigan’s best passer, dispensing 5.0 assists per game while scoring 8.6 PPG.
- Isaiah Livers contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Wolverines. He knocks down 2.4 threes per game.
- Franz Wagner is the Wolverines leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Dickinson leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- Henry averages 15.4 points and adds 3.6 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Spartans’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Joey Hauser’s stat line of 6.0 rebounds, 10.0 points and 1.5 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Michigan State rebounding leaderboard.
- Gabe Brown is the most prolific from distance for the Spartans, hitting 1.6 threes per game.
- The Spartans’ leader in steals is Henry with 1.3 per game, and Marcus Bingham Jr. is their leader in blocks with 1.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds