The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (5-6) are 1-point underdogs as they look to turn around a three-game losing streak when they host the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-5) on Friday, January 15, 2021 at Reed Green Coliseum. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s over/under is set at 125.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Miss (+1)||Under (125.5)||Southern Miss 63 Middle Tennessee 62|
- In 37.5% of their games this year (three of eight chances), the Blue Raiders and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 125.5 points.
- Southern Miss has played in seven games this year (out of 11 total matchups — 63.6% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 125.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 0.4 more points per game (125.9) than this game’s over/under of 125.5 points.
- The Blue Raiders and the Golden Eagles have seen their opponents average a combined 1.2 more points per game than the point total of 125.5 set for this game.
- The average over/under the Blue Raiders have had set in games this season is 0.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Golden Eagles this season is 1.0 point higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Blue Raiders put up 62.4 points per contest, just 0.7 fewer points than the 63.1 the Golden Eagles allow their opponents.
- When Middle Tennessee scores more than 63.1 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Southern Miss has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 2-4 record overall when allowing more than 62.4 points.
- The Golden Eagles average only 0.1 fewer points than the Blue Raiders give up to opponents (63.6).
- Southern Miss is 3-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it scores more than 63.6 points.
- Middle Tennessee has an ATS record of 0-3 and a 0-3 record overall when its opponents score more than 63.5 points.
- The Blue Raiders have been out-scored by 10 points this season (1.2 points per game on average), while the Golden Eagles have put up only four more points than their opponents on the year (0.4 per game).
Middle Tennessee Betting Information
- The Blue Raiders have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 2-5 record.
- The Blue Raiders have posted a losing record of 0-2 against the spread when the spread is -1 or bigger.
- The Blue Raiders have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 2 of 7 games (28.6%).
Southern Miss Betting Information
- Southern Miss has a 6-3 record against the spread, covering in 66.7% of their contests.
- The Golden Eagles have fared well as a 1-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 1-point underdogs.
- Southern Miss has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 44.4% of matchups this season (4 out of 9 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Middle Tennessee||-4.5||139||-204||+165||Regular Season||65-62 MTNST|
|2/22/2020||Southern Miss||-4||143||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-53 MTNST|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-63 MTNST|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-70 SOUMIS|
Middle Tennessee Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Blue Raiders is Dontrell Shuler, who scores 11.7 points and dishes out 2.8 assists per game.
- Jo’Vontae Millner leads Middle Tennessee in rebounding, pulling down 6.1 rebounds per game while also scoring 8.3 points a contest.
- Jordan Davis makes more threes per game than any other member of the Blue Raiders, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.5 per contest.
- Davis and Millner lead Middle Tennessee on the defensive end, with Davis leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and Millner in blocks averaging 1.0 per contest.
Southern Miss Leaders
- The Golden Eagles’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Tyler Stevenson with 12.6 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Tae Hardy dishes out more assists than any other Southern Miss player with 3.1 per game. He also scores 10.1 points and grabs 1.9 rebounds per game.
- LaDavius Draine leads his teammates on the Golden Eagles with 2.1 made threes per outing.
- Southern Miss’ leader in steals is Hardy with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is DeAndre Pinckney with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found