The No. 17 Minnesota Golden Gophers (11-4) host the Maryland Terrapins (7-7) after winning 11 straight home games. The Golden Gophers are favored by 6.5 points in the contest, which begins at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The point total for the matchup is 145.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (-6.5)||Over (145)||Minnesota 76 Maryland 70|
- The Golden Gophers and their opponents have scored no less than 145 points — this matchup’s over/under — in eight of 15 opportunities (53.3%) this year.
- In six of 14 opportunities (42.9%) this season, Maryland has combined with its opponents to score at least 145 points.
- The Golden Gophers and the Terrapins combine to average 4.9 more points per game than the total of 145 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 142.4 points per game, 2.6 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Golden Gophers average point total in outings this season is 151.8, 6.8 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Terrapins this year is 4.5 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 78.8 points per game the Golden Gophers score are 9.4 more points than the Terrapins allow (69.4).
- When Minnesota scores more than 69.4 points, it is 10-1 overall and 7-0-1 against the spread.
- Maryland is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall when allowing more than 78.8 points.
- The Terrapins average just 1.9 fewer points than the Golden Gophers allow their opponents to score (73).
- In games it scores more than 73 points, Maryland is 2-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- Minnesota’s record is 2-4-1 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it gives up more than 71.1 points.
- The Golden Gophers have scored a total of 87 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 5.8 per game), and the Terrapins have out-scored opponents by 23 points on the season (1.7 more per game).
Minnesota Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Golden Gophers have covered seven times in 14 contests.
- The Golden Gophers have covered half the time, going 2-2-1 against the spread when favored by at least 6.5 points.
- Minnesota and its adversaries have combined to cover the point total in 7 of 14 games this season (50%).
Maryland Betting Information
- Maryland has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 5-8 ATS.
- When they are at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Terrapins have gone 2-2 against the spread.
- Maryland and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 8 of 13 (61.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2020||Maryland||-1||134.5||-117||-106||Regular Season||74-73 MARY|
|3/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-60 MARY|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-67 MARY|
- Marcus Carr leads the Golden Gophers in points and assists per game, scoring 20.6 points and distributing 5.5 assists.
- Liam Robbins leads Minnesota in rebounding, pulling down 7.3 boards per game while also scoring 13.8 points a contest.
- Carr connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Golden Gophers, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.2 per outing.
- Carr is Minnesota’s leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Robbins leads them in blocks with 2.6 per contest.
- Eric Ayala is at the top of the Terrapins scoring leaderboard with 13.8 points per game. He also collects 3.1 rebounds and averages 2.3 assists per game.
- Donta Scott has a stat line of 6.6 rebounds, 12.9 points and 1.8 assists per game for Maryland to take the top rebound spot on the team. Aaron Wiggins has the top spot for assists with 2.9 per game, adding 12.5 points and 5.0 rebounds per contest.
- Scott is dependable from deep and leads the Terrapins with 1.7 made threes per game.
- Maryland’s leader in steals is Ayala with 1.0 per game, and its leader in blocks is Chol Marial with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds