The Minnesota Golden Gophers (12-7) are at home in Big Ten play against the No. 24 Purdue Boilermakers (13-7) on Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 5:00 PM ET. The Golden Gophers are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The over/under in the matchup is 138.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Minnesota (-2.5)||Over (138.5)||Minnesota 73 Purdue 70|
- The Golden Gophers and their opponents have scored at least 138.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 13 of 19 games (68.4%) this year.
- Purdue and its opponents have combined to score more than 138.5 points in 11 of 20 outings (55%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 8.1 more points per game (146.6) than this game’s total of 138.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 138.9 points per game, 0.4 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total for Golden Gophers games this season is 9.9 more points than the total of 138.5 in this matchup.
- Boilermakers games this year have averaged an over/under of 137.1 points, 1.4 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Golden Gophers average 9.5 more points per game (76) than the Boilermakers give up (66.5).
- When Minnesota totals more than 66.5 points, it is 9-0-1 against the spread and 12-2 overall.
- Purdue has compiled a 1-2 record against the spread and a 1-2 record overall in games when it allows more than 76 points.
- The Boilermakers’ 70.6 points per game are only 1.8 fewer points than the 72.4 the Golden Gophers give up.
- Purdue is 6-0 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it scores more than 72.4 points.
- Minnesota’s record is 4-6 overall and 3-6-1 against the spread when it gives up more than 70.6 points to its opponents.
- The Golden Gophers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 68 points this season (3.6 points per game on average), and the Boilermakers have put up 81 more points than their opponents on the year (4.1 per game).
Minnesota Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Golden Gophers have covered nine times in 18 contests.
- The Golden Gophers have covered half the time, going 3-3-1 against the spread when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- Golden Gophers games have played to the total or above 9 times in 18 games this season.
Purdue Betting Information
- Purdue has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 10-8-1 ATS.
- The Boilermakers have fared well as a 2.5-point underdog, going 6-4 against the spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Purdue has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 57.9% of matchups this season (11 out of 19 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2021||Purdue||-3||141.5||-151||+124||Regular Season||81-62 PUR|
|1/2/2020||Purdue||-7.5||133||-358||+274||Regular Season||83-78 PUR|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-69 MINN|
|2/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-63 PUR|
- The Golden Gophers leader in points and assists is Marcus Carr, who scores 19.9 points per game along with 5.4 assists.
- Minnesota’s best rebounder is Liam Robbins, who averages 7.2 boards per game in addition to his 13.2 PPG average.
- Carr makes more threes per game than any other member of the Golden Gophers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.0 per contest.
- The Minnesota steals leader is Carr, who averages 1.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Robbins, who compiles 2.7 rejections per contest.
- Trevion Williams puts up 15.4 points and 9.6 rebounds per game for the Boilermakers, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Purdue’s assist leader is Eric Hunter Jr. with 3.3 per game. He also averages 9.4 points per game and adds 2.6 rebounds per game.
- Sasha Stefanovic contributes the bulk of the Boilermakers’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.4 threes per game to lead the team.
- Hunter (1.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Purdue while Zach Edey (1.1 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED