The Iowa State Cyclones (2-8) will look to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the Mississippi State Bulldogs (9-8) at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 30, 2021 as 8.5-point underdogs. The Bulldogs have lost three games in a row. The matchup has an over/under set at 135 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Iowa State (+8.5)||Over (135)||Mississippi State 74 Iowa State 66|
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to put up more than 135 points in 64.7% of their outings this season (11 of 17 opportunities).
- Iowa State has played in nine games this season (out of 10 total matchups — 90% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 135 points.
- These two teams average a combined 138.2 points per game, 3.2 more points than the total of 135 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.8 more points per game (141.8) than this game’s total of 135 points.
- The average over/under the Bulldogs have had set in matchups this year is 2.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Cyclones this season is eight points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bulldogs record only 4.8 fewer points per game (70.6) than the Cyclones give up (75.4).
- Mississippi State has a 6-1 record overall and a 4-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 75.4 points.
- When Iowa State allows more than 70.6 points, it is 2-5 against the spread and 0-7 overall.
- The Cyclones put up an average of 67.6 points per game, just 1.2 more points than the 66.4 the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- Iowa State is 1-0 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it scores more than 66.4 points.
- Mississippi State is 3-4 against the spread and 3-4 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 67.6 points.
- The Bulldogs have totaled 72 more points than their opponents this season (4.2 per game on average), while the Cyclones have been out-scored by 78 total points (7.8 per game average differential).
Mississippi State Betting Information
- The Bulldogs are 8-8 against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Bulldogs have fared well against the spread, putting together a 2-1 record.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have gone over the total in 9 of 16 games (56.2%) this season.
Iowa State Betting Information
- The Cyclones have a 3-7 record against the spread, covering in only 30.0% of their games.
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Cyclones have not fared well, going 0-2 against the spread.
- In most of Iowa State’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (5 out of 10 games, 50%).
Mississippi State Leaders
- The Bulldogs scoring leader is D.J. Stewart, who averages 17.6 per contest to go with 3.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists.
- Tolu Smith is Mississippi State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 8.6 per game, while Iverson Molinar is its best passer, averaging 3.0 assists in each contest.
- The Bulldogs get the most three-point shooting production out of Molinar, who makes 1.5 threes per game.
- Molinar is the Bulldogs leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Abdul Ado leads them in blocks with 1.9 per contest.
Iowa State Leaders
- Rasir Bolton’s points (15.2 per game) and assists (4.6 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Cyclones’ leaderboards.
- Solomon Young grabs 5.2 rebounds per game (he also scores 12.0 points per game and adds 0.7 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Iowa State rebounding leaderboard.
- Jalen Coleman-Lands makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Cyclones, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.4 per contest.
- Iowa State’s leader in steals is Bolton with 1.9 per game, and its leader in blocks is Young with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED