SEC opponents square off when the Mississippi State Bulldogs (7-4) visit the Vanderbilt Commodores (4-4) at Memorial Gymnasium (Vandy), tipping off at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The Commodores are 3.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 137.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi State (-3.5)||Over (137.5)||Mississippi State 72 Vanderbilt 69|
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have combined for 137.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 11 games (63.6%) this year.
- Vanderbilt and its opponents have combined to score more than 137.5 points in 75% of their games this season (six of eight chances).
- The Bulldogs and the Commodores combine to average 10.0 more points per game than the over/under of 137.5 set for this game.
- The Bulldogs and the Commodores have seen their opponents average a combined 2.9 less points per game than the over/under of 137.5 set for this outing.
- The average point total in Bulldogs games this year is 2.5 more points than the over/under of 137.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Commodores this year is 4.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.4 points per game the Bulldogs score are 5.4 more points than the Commodores allow (69).
- Mississippi State is 6-3 overall and 4-0 against the spread when scoring more than 69 points.
- Vanderbilt is 0-4 overall and 1-3 against the spread in games when it allows more than 74.4 points.
- The Commodores put up an average of 73.1 points per game, 7.5 more points than the 65.6 the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- Vanderbilt has put together a 3-0-1 ATS record and a 3-3 overall record in games it scores more than 65.6 points.
- Mississippi State’s record is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall when it gives up more than 73.1 points.
- The Bulldogs have out-scored their opponents by a total of 96 points this season (8.8 points per game on average), and the Commodores have put up 33 more points than their opponents on the year (4.1 per game).
Mississippi State Betting Information
- Mississippi State been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, posting a 5-5 record.
- The Bulldogs have covered half the time, going 3-3 against the spread when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have gone over the total in 6 of 10 games (60%) this season.
Vanderbilt Betting Information
- Vanderbilt has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 3-4-1 ATS.
- The Commodores have fared well as a 3.5-point underdog, going 2-1-1 against the spread when they are at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Vanderbilt has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this year (4 out of 8 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-70 MSSTATE|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-55 MSSTATE|
Mississippi State Leaders
- D.J. Stewart leads the Bulldogs in scoring, tallying 18.8 points per game to go with 3.7 rebounds and 2.4 assists.
- Mississippi State’s leading rebounder is Tolu Smith averaging 8.9 boards per game and its best passer is Iverson Molinar and his 3.6 assists per game.
- Molinar’s 2.0 made threes per game lead the Bulldogs.
- Cameron Matthews and Abdul Ado lead the Bulldogs on the defensive end, with Matthews leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Ado in blocks averaging 1.8 per contest.
- The Commodores’ Scotty Pippen Jr. racks up enough points (22.0 per game) and assists (5.0 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Dylan Disu grabs 9.0 rebounds per game (he also scores 12.3 points per game and adds 1.3 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Vanderbilt rebounding leaderboard.
- Myles Stute is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Commodores, hitting 3.0 threes per game.
- Pippen (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for Vanderbilt while Disu (1.0 block per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found