NEC foes square off when the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (2-3) host the Merrimack Warriors (0-0) at Knott Arena, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 14, 2021. The Warriors are 3.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 120 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mount St. Mary’s||-3.5||-112||-109||120||-113||-108||-177||143|
|Mount St. Mary’s (-3.5)||Over (120)||Mount St. Mary’s 74 Merrimack 68|
- The Mountaineers and their opponents combined to score more than 120 points in 78.1% of their games last season (25 of 32 opportunities).
- Merrimack played in 20 games last year (out of 31 total matchups — 64.5% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 120 points.
- These teams averaged a combined 127 points per game last year, seven more points than the over/under of 120 set for this game.
- The Mountaineers and the Warriors saw their opponents average a combined 6.8 more points per game last season than the point total of 120 set for this matchup.
- The Mountaineers average point total in outings last year was 130.8, 10.8 points higher than the total in this game.
- Warriors games last year averaged a total of 123 points, three more than the point total in this matchup.
Mount St. Mary’s Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Mountaineers have covered three times in five contests.
- Mount St. Mary’s and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 2 of 5 games this season (40%).
Merrimack Betting Information
- Merrimack covered the spread in more than half of its outings, going 10-6 ATS.
- When they were at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Warriors had a record ATS of 1-1.
- Merrimack and its opponents hit the over in less than half of their matchups last year — 6 of 16 (37.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/23/2020||Mount St. Mary’s||-1||112||-114||-109||Regular Season||65-57 MSMU|
|1/9/2020||Merrimack||-2||119.5||-136||+112||Regular Season||64-61 MERR|
Mount St. Mary’s Leaders
- Jalen Gibbs leads the Mountaineers in scoring, tallying 16.5 points per game to go with 4.8 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Mount St. Mary’s leading rebounder is Nana Opoku averaging 6.3 boards per game and its best passer is Damian Chong Qui and his 4.4 assists per game.
- Gibbs contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Mountaineers. He knocks down 2.8 threes per game.
- Gibbs and Opoku lead the Mountaineers on the defensive end, with Gibbs leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Opoku in blocks averaging 1.7 per contest.
- Devin Jensen averaged 7.5 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 0.6 assists per game last season.
- Jordan Minor pulled down 4.4 rebounds per game, while Mikey Watkins averaged 1.7 assists per contest.
- Jensen knocked down 2.1 threes per game a season ago.
- Watkins averaged 1.9 takeaways per game, while Minor compiled 1.0 block per contest.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found