The Navy Midshipmen (15-2) are 5.5-point favorites as they attempt to build on a five-game win streak when they host the Loyola (MD) Greyhounds (4-10) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Alumni Hall (Navy). The contest airs at 12:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The over/under is set at 134 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 47.1% of their opportunities this year (eight of 17 chances), the Midshipmen and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s point total of 134 points.
- Loyola (MD) and its opponents have combined to score at least 134 points in 10 of 14 games (71.4%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 143.9 points per game, 9.9 more points than the over/under of 134 set for this matchup.
- The Midshipmen and the Greyhounds have seen their opponents average a combined 3.2 more points per game than the point total of 134 set for this game.
- The average point total in Midshipmen games this season is 4.2 more points than the over/under of 134 in this matchup.
- The average total in Greyhounds games this season is 8.9 more points than the point total of 134 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 71.7 points per game the Midshipmen record are only one more point than the Greyhounds give up (70.7).
- Navy has an 8-0 record against the spread and a 9-1 record overall when putting up more than 70.7 points.
- Loyola (MD) has compiled a 1-6 record against the spread and a 0-7 record overall when giving up more than 71.7 points.
- The Greyhounds score an average of 72.2 points per game, 5.7 more points than the 66.5 the Midshipmen allow to opponents.
- Loyola (MD) is 4-0 against the spread and 3-8 overall when it scores more than 66.5 points.
- Navy’s record is 0-3 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it gives up more than 72.2 points.
- The Midshipmen have out-scored their opponents by a total of 89 points this season (5.2 points per game on average), and the Greyhounds have put up 21 more points than their opponents on the year (1.5 per game).
Navy Betting Information
- Against the spread, Navy has been strong this season, posting a 14-3 record.
- The Midshipmen have posted a winning record of 3-1 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or bigger.
- Navy has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 7 times in 17 contests (41.2%).
Loyola (MD) Betting Information
- Loyola (MD) has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 5-9 ATS.
- The Greyhounds have fared well as a 5.5-point underdog, going 2-1 against the spread when they are at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- The Greyhounds and their opponents have hit the over in half of their matchups this year — 7 of 14.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/28/2021||Navy||-4||134.5||-188||+153||Regular Season||66-58 NAVY|
|2/27/2021||Navy||-1||134||-115||-105||Regular Season||73-67 NAVY|
|1/30/2021||Navy||-3||135.5||-162||+133||Regular Season||70-52 NAVY|
|2/26/2020||Navy||-1||137.5||-115||-107||Regular Season||62-57 NAVY|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-73 LOYMD|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-70 LOYMD|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-68 NAVY|
- The Midshipmen leader in points and assists is Cam Davis, who scores 17.1 points per game along with 2.7 assists.
- Navy’s best rebounder is Greg Summers, who averages 6.4 boards per game in addition to his 9.6 PPG average.
- John Carter Jr. leads the Midshipmen in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.9 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Davis and Daniel Deaver lead Navy on the defensive end, with Davis leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Deaver in blocks averaging 0.6 per contest.
Loyola (MD) Leaders
- Santi Aldama averages 21.4 points and 10.1 rebounds per game for the Greyhounds, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Golden Dike dishes out 2.5 assists per game, the most assists on the Greyhounds.
- Aldama hits 1.9 three-pointers per game, the most on the Greyhounds.
- The Greyhounds’ leader in steals is Luke Johnson with 1.9 per game, and Aldama is their leader in blocks with 1.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds