The New Mexico State Aggies (7-7) are at home in WAC play against the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (9-6) on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET. The Aggies are favored by 8 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 136.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|New Mexico State||-8||-110||-110||136.5||-110||-110||-375||292|
- In five of 14 outings (35.7%) this year, the Aggies and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 136.5 points.
- UT Rio Grande Valley and its opponents have combined to score at least 136.5 points in 73.3% of their games this year (11 of 15 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 12.1 more points per game (148.6) than this game’s total of 136.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.3 fewer points per game (132.2) than this game’s over/under of 136.5 points.
- The average total the Aggies have had set in games this season is 136.5, which equals this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Vaqueros this season is 7.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
New Mexico State Betting Information
- New Mexico State has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 3-8 record.
- The Aggies have posted a losing record of 0-5 against the spread when the spread is -8 or higher.
- New Mexico State and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 4 of 11 games this season (36.4%).
UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Information
- UT Rio Grande Valley has a losing record against the spread, going 4-5-1 ATS (covering just 40% of the time).
- When they are at least 8-point underdogs, the Vaqueros have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Vaqueros games this year, the teams have not hit the over (4 out of 10 games, 40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-62 NMXST|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-62 NMXST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-79 NMXST|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||63-61 NMXST|
New Mexico State Leaders
- Jabari Rice leads the Aggies in scoring, tallying 13.2 points per game to go with 4.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- Johnny McCants leads New Mexico State in rebounding, averaging 5.9 per game, while Evan Gilyard leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.1 in each contest.
- Rice’s 1.8 threes per game leads the Aggies.
- The New Mexico State steals leader is Gilyard, who averages 0.9 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is McCants, who compiles 0.7 rejections per contest.
UT Rio Grande Valley Leaders
- Sean Rhea sits at the top of the Vaqueros scoring leaderboard with 15.2 points per game. He also collects 6.2 rebounds and dishes out 0.7 assists per game.
- The UT Rio Grande Valley leaders in rebounding and assists are Quinton Johnson II with 7.2 rebounds per game (he also adds 12.1 points and 2.3 assists per game) and Javon Levi with 5.8 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.0 points and 4.3 rebounds per game).
- Johnson provides the bulk of the Vaqueros’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 1.8 threes per game to lead the team.
- Levi (3.3 steals per game) and Rhea (1.0 block per game) pace the Vaqueros in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds