The No. 2 seed Norfolk State Spartans (15-7) are 2-point favorites to secure the MEAC Tournament Championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket over the No. 3 seed Morgan State Bears (14-7) on Saturday at Norfolk Scope Arena. The contest tips at 1:00 PM ET and airs on ESPN2.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Spartans and their opponents have totaled at least 145 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 12 of 22 games (54.5%) this year.
- Morgan State and its opponents have added up to score at least 145 points in 61.9% of their games this season (13 of 21 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 11 more points per game (156) than this matchup’s total of 145 points.
- The Spartans and the Bears have seen their opponents average a combined 2.4 fewer points per game than the point total of 145 set in this matchup.
- The Spartans average point total in matchups this season is 144.9, 0.1 points less than the total in this game.
- The average over/under for Bears games this season is 8.7 more points than the point total of 145 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 75.4 points the Spartans average per game are only 2.3 more points than the Bears surrender (73.1).
- Norfolk State has a 9-0 record against the spread and an 11-2 record overall when scoring more than 73.1 points.
- Morgan State has compiled a 2-4 record against the spread and a 4-3 record overall when allowing more than 75.4 points.
- The Bears average 11.1 more points per game (80.6) than the Spartans allow their opponents to score (69.5).
- Morgan State has compiled a 13-3 overall record and an 8-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.5 points.
- Norfolk State is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it allows more than 80.6 points.
- The Spartans have totaled 131 more points than their opponents this season (5.9 per game on average), and the Bears have scored 157 more points than their opponents (7.5 per game).
Norfolk State Betting Information
- Against the spread, Norfolk State has been strong this season, posting an 11-7-1 record.
- The Spartans have posted a winning record of 7-5-1 against the spread when the spread is -2 or higher.
- In 11 of 19 (57.9%) contests this season, Norfolk State and its opponents have hit the over.
Morgan State Betting Information
- Morgan State has a 9-8 record against the spread, covering in 52.9% of their outings.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Bears have not fared well, going 5-6 against the spread.
- The Bears and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 11 of 17 (64.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/14/2021||Morgan State||-4||146.5||-186||+153||Regular Season||68-65 NORFST|
|2/13/2021||Morgan State||-4||148.5||-185||+151||Regular Season||74-69 NORFST|
|1/10/2021||Norfolk State||-2.5||140.5||-146||+122||Regular Season||89-85 NORFST|
|1/9/2021||Norfolk State||-3.5||137.5||-176||+144||Regular Season||78-74 MORGST|
|3/5/2020||Morgan State||-1||135||-119||-107||Regular Season||68-62 NORFST|
|2/15/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-57 NORFST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-74 NORFST|
Norfolk State Leaders
- The Spartans leader in points, rebounds and assists is Devante Carter, who averages 15.6 points, 5.2 boards and 4.0 assists per game.
- Joe Bryant Jr. leads his teammates on the Spartans with 1.8 made threes per contest.
- Bryant and Chris Ford lead Norfolk State on the defensive end, with Bryant leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Ford in blocks averaging 1.0 per contest.
Morgan State Leaders
- De’Torrion Ware is the top scorer for the Bears with 17.1 points per game. He also adds 5.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game to his statistics.
- Morgan State’s leader in rebounds is Malik Miller with 8.0 per game, and its leader in assists is Sheryn Devonish with 3.6 per game.
- Ware is the top shooter from distance for the Bears, hitting 2.5 threes per game.
- Morgan State’s leader in steals is Miller with 2.0 per game, and its leader in blocks is Troy Baxter with 1.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED