The No. 2 seed Norfolk State Spartans (14-7) take on the No. 3 seed North Carolina Central Eagles (5-8) as 5.5-point favorites in the MEAC Tournament quarterfinals Thursday at Norfolk Scope Arena, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET. Both teams will look to take one step closer to earning an automatic place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Norfolk State (-5.5)||Over (133)||Norfolk State 74 North Carolina Central 68|
- The Spartans and their opponents have combined to put up more than 133 points in 85.7% of their outings this year (18 of 21 opportunities).
- In eight of 13 games (61.5%) this season, North Carolina Central has combined with its opponents to score at least 133 points.
- These teams average a combined 142.9 points per game, 9.9 more points than the over/under of 133 set for this game.
- The Spartans and the Eagles have seen their opponents average a combined 7.5 more points per game than the over/under of 133 set for this game.
- The average over/under the Spartans have had set in matchups this season is 11.9 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Eagles this year is 5.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Spartans record just 4.4 more points per game (74.9) than the Eagles give up (70.5).
- When Norfolk State scores more than 70.5 points, it is 11-4 overall and 8-0 against the spread.
- North Carolina Central has recorded a 2-3 record against the spread and a 2-3 record overall when giving up more than 74.9 points.
- The Eagles put up just two fewer points than the Spartans allow their opponents to score (70).
- North Carolina Central has gone 4-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 70 points.
- Norfolk State is 5-6 against the spread and 6-6 overall when it gives up more than 68 points.
- The Spartans have scored a total of 102 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.9 per game), while the Eagles have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 32 total points, -2.5 per game).
Norfolk State Betting Information
- Norfolk State has been solid against the spread, going 10-7-1 this season.
- The Spartans have posted a winning record of 5-2 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or bigger.
- More often than not, Norfolk State and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 10 of 18 chances this season.
North Carolina Central Betting Information
- The Eagles have a 4-8 record against the spread, covering in just 33.3% of their outings.
- The Eagles have not fared well as a 5.5-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they are at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- North Carolina Central has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this season (6 out of 12 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/3/2020||North Carolina Central||-4||126.5||-192||+154||Regular Season||69-63 NCC|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-71 NORFST|
Norfolk State Leaders
- Devante Carter leads the Spartans in points and assists per game, scoring 15.9 points and distributing 3.8 assists.
- J.J. Matthews is the Spartans best rebounder, pulling down an average of 5.2 boards in each contest while scoring 8.9 points per game.
- Kashaun Hicks makes more threes per game than any other member of the Spartans, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.6 per contest.
- Joe Bryant Jr. is the Spartans leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Chris Ford leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
North Carolina Central Leaders
- C.J. Keyser is the top scorer for the Eagles with 16.4 points per game. He also adds 3.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game to his statistics.
- The North Carolina Central leaders in rebounding and assists are Justin Whatley with 4.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 7.0 points and 1.6 assists per game) and Jordan Perkins with 4.4 assists per game (he also tacks on 6.1 points and 3.6 rebounds per game).
- Jamir Moultrie is dependable from deep and leads the Eagles with 1.8 made threes per game.
- The Eagles’ leader in steals is Perkins with 1.2 per game, and Whatley is their leader in blocks with 0.5 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED