The NC State Wolf Pack (6-4) are 6.5-point underdogs as they attempt to turn around a three-game losing streak when they visit the North Carolina Tar Heels (9-5) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Dean E. Smith Center. The game airs at 2:00 PM ET on ESPN. The over/under is 146 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|North Carolina (-6.5)||Under (146)||North Carolina 76 NC State 69|
- In 35.7% of their games this season (five of 14 chances), the Tar Heels and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 146 points.
- NC State and its opponents have combined to score at least 146 points in six of 10 games (60%) this year.
- These teams average a combined 150.5 points per game, 4.5 more points than the over/under of 146 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.6 less points per game (139.4) than this game’s over/under of 146 points.
- The average total the Tar Heels have had set in games this season is 2.6 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Wolf Pack games this year have averaged a total of 146.5 points, 0.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.6 points per game the Tar Heels average are only four more points than the Wolf Pack allow (69.6).
- North Carolina has a 6-3 record overall and a 4-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 69.6 points.
- NC State has a 1-3-1 record against the spread and a 2-3 record overall when giving up more than 73.6 points.
- The Wolf Pack average 7.1 more points per game (76.9) than the Tar Heels allow their opponents to score (69.8).
- NC State has put together a 4-0-1 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record in games it scores more than 69.8 points.
- North Carolina is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 76.9 points.
- The Tar Heels have scored a total of 54 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 3.8 per game), and the Wolf Pack have out-scored opponents by 73 points on the season (7.3 more per game).
North Carolina Betting Information
- North Carolina has struggled against the spread, going 4-9-1 on the year.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Tar Heels have struggled to a 2-3 record ATS this season.
- North Carolina and its opponents have converted the over just 5 times in 14 (35.7%) games this season.
NC State Betting Information
- NC State has covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 4-5-1 ATS.
- When they are at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Wolf Pack have gone 3-3 against the spread.
- NC State and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 6 of 10 (60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/22/2020||North Carolina||-2||145||-136||+113||Regular Season||79-76 NCSU|
|2/25/2020||North Carolina||-2||149||-136||+112||Regular Season||85-79 UNC|
|1/27/2020||NC State||-6||148||-271||+212||Regular Season||75-65 UNC|
|2/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||113-96 UNC|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-82 UNC|
North Carolina Leaders
- Armando Bacot leads the Tar Heels in scoring, tallying 11.7 points per game to go with 7.6 rebounds and 0.6 assists.
- Day’Ron Sharpe leads the Tar Heels in rebounding, averaging 7.6 per game, while Caleb Love leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.0 in each contest.
- Kerwin Walton makes more threes per game than any other member of the Tar Heels, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.5 per contest.
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black and Sharpe lead North Carolina on the defensive end, with Black leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Sharpe in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
NC State Leaders
- Devon Daniels sits at the top of the Wolf Pack scoring leaderboard with 15.7 points per game. He also grabs 4.9 rebounds and dishes out 3.1 assists per game.
- The Wolf Pack’s leader in rebounds is Manny Bates with 5.4 per outing, and their leader in assists is Cam Hayes with 3.5 per game.
- Thomas Allen leads the Wolf Pack in three-point shooting with an average of 1.9 made threes per game.
- The Wolf Pack’s leader in steals is Shakeel Moore with 1.9 per game, and Bates is their leader in blocks with 3.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED