The C-USA conference champion will be crowned and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket will be awarded on Saturday when the No. 3 seed North Texas Mean Green (16-9) and the No. 1 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (20-6) face off at 9:00 PM ET, live on CBS Sports. North Texas is listed as a 1.5-point favorite to claim the title.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Mean Green and their opponents have scored at least 128.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 14 of 25 opportunities (56%) this year.
- Western Kentucky and its opponents have added up to score at least 128.5 points in 84.6% of their matchups this season (22 of 26 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 15.4 more points per game (143.9) than this game’s over/under of 128.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.1 more points per game (129.6) than this game’s total of 128.5 points.
- The average point total in Mean Green games this year is 3.1 more points than the over/under of 128.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Hilltoppers this season is 13.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mean Green put up just two more points per game (70.2) than the Hilltoppers give up (68.2).
- North Texas is 10-2 overall and 9-0 against the spread when scoring more than 68.2 points.
- Western Kentucky is 5-4 overall and 3-6 against the spread in games when it allows more than 70.2 points.
- The Hilltoppers score an average of 73.7 points per game, 12.3 more points than the 61.4 the Mean Green give up to opponents.
- Western Kentucky has put together an 11-0 ATS record and a 19-3 overall record in games it scores more than 61.4 points.
- North Texas has an ATS record of 0-2 and a 2-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.7 points.
- The Mean Green have scored a total of 219 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 8.8 per game), and the Hilltoppers have out-scored opponents by 145 points on the season (5.5 more per game).
North Texas Betting Information
- North Texas has been good against the spread this season, posting a 15-8 record.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Mean Green have fared well against the spread, putting up a 12-6 record.
- North Texas and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 9 of 23 games this season (39.1%).
Western Kentucky Betting Information
- Western Kentucky has a losing record against the spread, going 11-15 ATS (covering only 42.3% of the time).
- When they play as at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Hilltoppers have a record ATS of 8-12.
- Western Kentucky and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 12 of 26 (46.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/1/2020||North Texas||-6.5||136||-294||+230||Regular Season||78-72 NTX|
|1/2/2020||Western Kentucky||-3.5||136.5||-173||+140||Regular Season||93-84 WKENT|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-59 WKENT|
North Texas Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Mean Green is Javion Hamlet, who scores 14.7 points and dishes out 4.5 assists per game.
- Zachary Simmons is the Mean Green best rebounder, hauling in an average of 6.2 boards in each contest while scoring 10.3 points per game.
- James Reese makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mean Green, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
- The North Texas steals leader is Reese, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Thomas Bell, who compiles 1.1 rejections per contest.
Western Kentucky Leaders
- The Hilltoppers’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Charles Bassey with 17.9 points and 11.5 rebounds per game.
- Dayvion McKnight notches more assists than any other Western Kentucky player with 4.0 per game. He also scores 6.1 points and pulls down 3.8 rebounds per game.
- Luke Frampton is reliable from three-point range and leads the Hilltoppers with 2.0 made threes per game.
- The Hilltoppers’ leader in steals is Josh Anderson with 1.8 per game, and Bassey is their leader in blocks with 3.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED